HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

vaginal cuff tear-bowel movement problems vaginal cuff tear-bowel movement problems

Unread 08-02-2011, 12:06 PM
vaginal cuff tear-bowel movement problems

Had a LAVH June 16th. Doctor told us to wait 6 weeks before intercourse. Just shy of 6 weeks (2 days) DH and I had sex which led to a lot of bleeding and pain severe enough we called an ambulance to bring me to the hospital. On the way to the hospital DH fell down stairs with DD(5-year-old), gave himself a concussion and split her lip open. All-in-all, it was a horrible night. Had a followup with my Dr. 2 days later. He said that he was very concerned with infection and started me on antibiotics for 2 weeks along with telling me to take it very easy. I'm now 1 week into the antibiotics. My problem is that the pain has generally lessened-unless I have a bowel movement. As soon as I even attempt to have a bowel movement (I have been taking stool softeners) the pain comes back and is horrible. After a bowel movement I'm pretty much an invalid for the rest of the day, I end up exhausted and in pain. This also happens, although not as severe, after urination. When I begin to urinate it's painless, it's just at the very end that it begins to hurt. Not sure if I'm just having problems due to pressure on the torn cuff or if it's something more severe but it hasn't been fun. I'm also terrified to have sex. The doctor said we now have to wait an additional month minimum but even the thought of it scares me now
Unread 08-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Re: vaginal cuff tear-bowel movement problems

Hello....I just want you to know that I really feel for both you and your family having to go through such a frightening and upsetting night.

As for the pain you're having....I think a torn cuff and the infection
could cause pain like that. Were you able to tell your doctor about it yet?

I hope you feel better very soon!
Unread 08-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Re: vaginal cuff tear-bowel movement problems

Tea, thank you. I go in next Wednesday for another followup. I don't do well with pain medication and the antibiotics make me sick to my stomach also so I've pretty much become a basketcase for the last week. The pain after tearing the cuff was definitely 10 times worse than the pain directly after surgery. After surgery I hurt for a couple of days when using the restroom but it's been a week now after the tear and the pain just doesn't seem to be letting up which worries me a bit.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.