HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bleeding for more than 30 days Bleeding for more than 30 days

Unread 08-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Bleeding for more than 30 days

I had fibroid embolization in feb, life was good for 3-4 months, ultrasound in may by gyn did not have any issues (i was told everything looks very good)...been having very light period since feb (was told it was totally normal after embolization)..late june again light period starts....after 2 weeks of spotting and light bleeding, 07/12, started seeing clots and heavier bleeding...gave it a few days and called my gyn, ordered the follow up MRI and gave Medroxy...10mg...bleeding and clotting becoming heavier now...after a week, went to doc for MRI follow up...everything looked normal except for a ovarian cyst (3 cm)...put me on low dose OC (loestrin 24 Fe)...bleeding continues unabated....very worried...went to see the gyn, checked my blood count and said it was normal (no anemia due to prolonged bleeding)...i asked if i was a candidate for abalation...ordered a biopsy...got it done couple of days ago...waiting for the results....at the end of the EB i was told my endometrium is proliferating and abnormally thick..put me on megace 20mg (label shows its anti-cancer)...so mostly its hyst for me...but i'm worried it is atypical and if i waited too long...
Unread 08-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Re: Bleeding for more than 30 days

sana,

I had a different type of cancer, but I'm sure someone will be along soon who can help in that regard. I did want to suggest consulting a gyn/onc (gynecological oncologist). They are the experts for gyn cancer/pre-cancer, and you want the best for your health.

Hang in there, sweetie. We're glad you found us!

monami
Unread 08-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Re: Bleeding for more than 30 days

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll contact a gyn/onc as soon as possible. i'm waiting for the EB results, but have my MRI which does show hetrogeneous endometrium.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway