HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Abnormal bleeding/Progesterone Abnormal bleeding/Progesterone

Unread 08-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Abnormal bleeding/Progesterone

My surgery is scheduled for Aug 24 (LSH). I have multiple fibroids and thickening of the lining. I did not have a period for 10 months, then started spotting 6 weeks ago . My Dr. put me on Progesterone for 10 days. Since I didn't ovulate for 10 months she wanted my uterus to release the blood that's been collecting, before having surgery. Well once I was done with the pills I started bleeding. That was 6 days ago. The bleeding is so heavy and so clotty that it scares me. I have to get up at night every hour or two, and even in that short time span it seems to be gushing out of me. I have had to take showers in the middle of the night because it's so bad. I can barely leave the house, fearing that I won't get to a bathroom on time. It seems that my life revolves around tampons, pads and toilets.
Has anyone gone through this that could give me some advise? I've gone from being totally scared of this surgery and crying everyday to I CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT DONE in a matter of 1 week. I am incredibly tired from getting so little sleep. I don't know how long this will last...will it only stop once I have surgery?
I appreciate any advise!
Unread 08-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Re: Abnormal bleeding/Progesterone

So sorry to hear what you are going through, I also have the heavy bleeding and non stop (6 months now) and my op is this Monday. I always used a herbal tincture from the health shop called Shepherds Purse tincture to stop the bleeding almost in its tracks. Used by midwives for postpartum bleeding and is a very safe gentle herb. I am also nervous about the surgery but quite honestly my life has been so disrupted by all the bleeding that I'm looking forward to it. Has your doctor given you Iron pills for anemia??? Good Luck with your surgery.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway