HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Pain & bleeding 4 years after complete hysterectomy Pain & bleeding 4 years after complete hysterectomy

Unread 09-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Pain & bleeding 4 years after complete hysterectomy

Pain & bleeding 4 years after complete hysterectomy

I'm new to the site and have read some very helpful posts but still have a few questions.
I had a hysterectomy in August of 2007 accompanied with a bladder sling. Four years later I have been having light bleeding enough that I have to change a liner at least 4 times a day and there is an actual prescecse of blood when I wipe. The pain I am having is a sharp stabbing pain that ranges from my sides to lover abdomen and ends in my vagina. I have to really concentrate to urinate and it is painful sometimes. I went to my doctor nd discovered that he double slinged my bladder but that was not the issue. He said I had a cyst on my remaining ovary and some lesions. He schaeduled a procedure and said everything was well. Well, its not. I am still having pain, worse actually, and still bleeding. Now he says I may have problems with my bladder. Any input?
Unread 09-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Re: Pain & bleeding 4 years after complete hysterectomy

I am sorry you have to go through this. I know first hand how frustrating it can be. I had my TAH/BSO 2 years ago and I started feeling the pain back in February and in June I started bleeding bright red blood. The pain has gotten much worse and the bleeding is happening a couple times a week. I did go to a GYN which was a big mistake (because of that doctor not likely to be other GYN's) and he said he couldnt help me because I didnt have "female" parts and said the bleeding was most likely do to lack of estrogen. He didnt do a pap, bloodwork, urine or anything. He felt my pelvic area and brought tears to my eyes then told me to go home and take motrin and use a heating pad.

I didnt accept that and went back to my PCP and she sent me to another doctor who is doing an ultrasound, CT and colonoscopy (because I have diarrhea, bloating and bad gas) and my PCP thinks it is endo growing back.

Go and get another opinion and another one if needed, dont accept it as normal or ok because it is not normal. I wish you luck and I will let you know what my doctor finds, it might be helpful to you.
Unread 09-12-2011, 09:45 AM

Thank you so much Hannie! I just called my ob and urologist to see what they had decided and of course they say they are working on finding out what's wrong. In the meantime, I am sitting here bleeding and in pain. Considering the er.
Unread 09-12-2011, 10:27 AM

Has anyone mentioned Interstitial Cystitis (IC) to you? IC can cause pain, bleeding, urination issues, and more.

How about a kidney stone?

Don't hesitate to go to ER at all. For one, they often can get testing done more quickly so you can be properly treated.

Unread 09-12-2011, 12:35 PM

I was told I have a 2mm kidney stone and that does explain the small amount of blood in urine but not the actual presence of blood. The stone is still attached to the kidney wall.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway