HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Doc tighten loose skin? Doc tighten loose skin?

Unread 12-14-2001, 08:35 PM
Doc tighten loose skin?

I know I can't expect my surgeon to do a tummy tuck, but is there any repair work they'll do(covered by insurance)? When I was pregnant with my son, he tore the abdominal muscles, they've never reconnected about an inch apart still, any hope of getting something like that fixed? Also, would it be asking alot to see if doctor can tighten up some of the crepe paper stretch marks/loose skin when he's sewing up?
Unread 12-14-2001, 10:25 PM
Hi LisaFean

Seems like I remember a post that one of the ladies said her surgeon did a tummy tuck or another one did. Can't remember but I bet if you go to the pull down menu you can find it just look to big women. I would look for it but need to get some sleep. Hope this helps. God Bless.
Unread 12-15-2001, 09:02 AM
Ask,Ask,Ask

Hey, I had a very sloppy c-section and it pooched real funny like over the scar, so when my dr was telling me i needed to have the TAH he said he would also go ahead and fix that uglyness last dr left behind, he knew I hated it I told him first time I ever met him.I have a wonderful dr. I'm 11 days post now and last night I pulled off the steri-strips so I could shave, itch was driving me batty. Well,when hubby replaced the steri-strips with the fresh ones my dr.'s asst. gave us when see took my staples out, he couldn't believe how pretty it looked, he said he doubts i even have a scar so of course he had to get me a mirror and I'm so happy with what i saw. so my advice to you would be to ask it never hurts to ask. Good Luck, I hope your dr. agrees. please let me know how it turns out. Big See you on the other side.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.