HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

4 weeks post op still in pain will i ever feel like normal again??? 4 weeks post op still in pain will i ever feel like normal again???

Unread 10-17-2011, 06:15 AM
4 weeks post op still in pain will i ever feel like normal again???

Hi all am new to this site had a total abdominal hyst on the 19th september when woke from op was in terrible pain took 3 days to get my pain under control was realeased from hosp on the 23rd only to be rushed back in by ambulance on the 24th sept due to severe abdominal pain had a urine infection and a small amount of blood leakage inside on my left side, so ended up staying in until the 2nd october so spent nearly two weeks in hosp after op, and the 25th was my birthday so that was not pleasant to spend in hosp :-( any ways finally at home but i feel so low i havent got the energy to get dressed am still in constant pain my scar is still really sore not sleeping well at all and everytime i need to pee its like my insides are falling out and its so painful i just wonder if i will ever get back to my normal self i am off work for 12 weeks but cant see myself returning even after that time off is this normal or am i going crazy my hubby is being really supportive but he forgets to do things like the washing so i feel i have to do it my house is not quite the same as when i do it i feel like i am nagging when i ask for things to be done but it is only what i do normally for all my family when i am working etc just finding it hard any advice appreciated sorry about the essay
Unread 10-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Re: 4 weeks post op still in pain will i ever feel like normal again???

Hi,
Welcome to the forum. Spend some time looking around. There are many ladies that have gone before you with similar issues and will be able to share their experiences.

It sounds like you have had a rough start. I think the pain at 4 weeks would be normal based on your description of your surgery process.

I had a daVinci 3 weeks ago. I was on percocet for 2 weeks and have been on motrin 800mg. I plan to renew the motrin. I just had my first night of sleep without stomach pain when I roll over.

Each step in the process has been painful for me. It will get better. Please take it slow and give yourself time to heal. You only get one chance to heal correctly.

Love yourself and be friends with your dust bunnies. Soon enough you will be re-engaged in your life.

Glad you found us...

Slow and Steady,

goldenlife
Unread 10-17-2011, 07:26 PM

Hello and happy belated birthday!!! Well me start by saying you are not alone.... When I was 4 weeks post op(TAH) I felt like I was never going to get better...I was still in pain and I wasn't sleeping well and hardly getting around... I am now 8 weeks post op and I am still not at full recovery... I am getting around a lot more and back at work but I am exhausted at end of day... So don't worry it takes time... I'll tell you what my doctor told me... Rome wasn't built in a day so take your time... As for house it will still be there when you feel better... So don't rush it!! I hope this helps
Unread 10-18-2011, 02:59 AM

hi sisters,
Thanks for all your support it seems im not crazy after all took your advice
goldenlife and there are loads of other ladies in my situation worrying about the housework coping with family life getting better etc, it seems i am not alone in all of this, and if it takes longer than 12 weeks to heal so be it i guess i just worry about getting back to work as its hard having grown up kids around as at the best of times they dont really get it and thanks to you Irma for your kind words of support, i hope you make a speedy recovery.
thankyou soooo much for your support guys
caz x

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.