HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Prayer Requests for Hyster Sisters

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

encouraging Scriptures for surgery? encouraging Scriptures for surgery?

Unread 05-02-2002, 10:49 PM
encouraging Scriptures for surgery?

Im not up on all the scriptures.. I should. I got this in email, and have posted it on the boards. Actually, the entire email. But ~ thought I would go ahead and paste just the scripture here and hope it helps someone.

"He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge." (Psalm 91:4)

Reminds me of angels taking us under their wings.
Unread 05-09-2002, 06:53 AM

For you sisters who are facing surgery and anytime you
want a special blessing from the Lord, I like this Scripture:
Numbers 6: 24-26
The Lord bless you and keep you:
The Lord make His face to shine upon you,
and be gracious to you:
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
and give you peace.
Unread 05-09-2002, 04:19 PM

I know the song that you are asking about. They play it on my station here in Charlestn. If I come across the name I will sent it to you. Have faith , It just gets better.

In recovery, and now school
for 6 months
bettyboopanna

:ce.ebrate

Progress report , this semester I have a 4.0 average.

:dance
Unread 05-24-2002, 12:14 AM

A few of my favorites:

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed...

Isaiah 54:10

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God

Philippians 4:6

Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

1 Peter 5:7

The Lord will keep you from all harm. He will watch over you...your coming and going both now and forevermore.

Psalm 121: 7-8
Unread 05-31-2002, 02:55 PM

Hi Sisters,

I found this site http://www.cptryon.org/prayer/heal/sick.html

Companion in Illness Prayer in Sickness.
I thought it was beautiful and wanted to share it with you.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all Hypersisters.

Also my favorite comfort song is "Peace in the Valley"

"There will be peace in the valley for me" and all the HysterSisters!!!

My big ride to the castle is Monday June 3rd. I'll be a princess very soon.

Love and prayers to all

Melody
Unread 06-07-2002, 08:34 AM

Praise the Lord for this site and what a wonderful comforting "thread"! I only wish I would have known about this before my TAH/BSO Jan. 30, 2002.
God is the the ANSWER to all things. My DH, Pastor, and Assoc. Pastor were all there before 7 a.m. to pray for me and when they wheeled me in to the operating room and I saw those bright lights... I still had the most overwhelming sense of peace - NO FEAR at all.
Thank you for all the wonderful scriptures I have read this morning. Even 4 1/2 months later, I need them and feel BLESSED to have logged on today. God Bless you all!
Unread 07-17-2002, 05:46 AM
Scripture for surgery comfort

Thank you for all the wonderful scriptures and prayers posted. I can't tell you how much this means to me. I will have surgery on August 7, 2002. Somehow I must have missed the space where I was to register the date of my surgery. Please keep me in your prayers. One of the scriptures I rely on when I am not feeling at peace is from Psalm 139, "But, behold, O Lord. You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before. And laid your hand upon me." Psalm 139:4-5. I am assured that God always has me in the palm of his hand. I do thank God for this site and for the comfort that it has brought to me.

Your sister in Christ,

adeleh
Unread 07-26-2002, 12:47 AM
Great "female problem" scripture

I have the amplified translation of the Bible which says:

"And behold, a woman who had suffered from a flow of blood for twelve years came up behind Him and touched the fringe of his garment. For she kept saying to herself, 'If I only touch his garment, I shall be restored to health.' Jesus turned around and said 'Take courage Daughter, your faith has made you well' and she was restored to health."
-Matthew 9:20-22

Think about it...a WOMAN with a FLOW OF BLOOD. What do you suppose her problem was? Women are not often mentioned in the Bible. When they are, it seems to be significant in that there's something going on that a man could not or would not do at the time the scripture was written. What sort of "flow of blood" or "blood disorder" do women have that men cannot? JMHO but I think this woman could've been a HysterSister! Just imagine a thread that says "Guess what, Jesus healed me today!"

Believe!

God's peace be with you.
Unread 08-30-2002, 04:56 PM
Encouraging scriptures for surgery

I just had surgery 8/19/02 and literally quoted Psalm 91 the days and moments leading up to surgery. It was such a great source of strength to me, it really became a mantra...
There are tons of great scriptures like those shared in all the posts, but for me, Psalm 91 was all about a "covering of protection over me" which I really grabbed onto and did not let go of.
I remembered a song that was basically Psalm 91 -
"I am dwelling in the secret place of the most high, I shall be safe in the shadow of almighty God...
I will say of the Lord he is my refuge, my fortress, my God in Him I will rely...

Psalm 91 /New International Version is really cool too:

"The person who rests in the shadow of the Most High God will be kept safe by the Mighty One. I will say about the Lord, He is my place of safety. He is like a fort to me. He is my God. I trust in Him. He will certainly save me from the hidden traps and from deadly sickness. He will cover me with his wings. Under the feathers of his wings I will find safety. He is faithful. He will keep me safe like a shield or tower. I won't have to be afraid of the terros that come during the night. I won't have to fear the arrows that come at me during the day. I won't have to be afraid of the sickness that attacks in the darkness. I won't have to fear the plague that destroys at noon. A thousand may fall dead at my side. Ten thousand may fall near my right hand. But no harm will come to me!"

When you read this to yourself outloud it's amazing how the fear can turn into faith. It certainly did for me.
God Bless,
Unread 09-01-2002, 05:10 AM
Amazing Grace

I am so thankful to have been led to this site, the prayer support is invaluable to me. It's such a blessing to be held up by those once strangers and now, sisters in Christ as well as "hyster sisters". I found the Hyster Sistes web site yesterday, and I can't stop reading. The information and moral support is awesome, but the prayer thread is the one I am drawn to as I near my time at the castle.

I feel quite at peace with the upcoming surgery, and am thanking the Lord for that peace that surpasses understanding.

Reflect
Mid all the traffic of the way
Turmoil without, within;
Make of my heart a quiet place,
And come and dwell therein.

Author Unknown

I thank you dear Lord for this forum and for all it means to those of us who have or will be facing surgery.

bj

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.