HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

1 year post op ACNE please help 1 year post op ACNE please help

Unread 11-02-2011, 01:57 PM
1 year post op ACNE please help

I had a vaginal hyst 4/2010 , kept my ovaries. Now I suffer from adult acne. I've seen the dermatologist numerous times. It's mostly around my mouth and chin. Has anyone else experienced this. If so, what treatment options are there?

I have an appt with my family doctor next week since most believe it's a hormone thing.
Unread 11-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Re: 1 year post op ACNE please help

Now that you mention it - I've been breaking out around and under my chin. I was just thinking it was from plucking those stupid black hairs that I get from PCOS - maybe it's from a hormone flux.

Nothing like having to fight wrinkles AND acne at the same time!
Unread 11-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Re: 1 year post op ACNE please help

I'm 32, had a TAH (removed everything) 5 months ago and still get acne. I've had issues with it on my chin and around my mouth for my entire life. Stress is one hormonal trigger that some people don't know about. Acne can also be caused by bacteria on your skin and the weather. In the past a dermatologist has recommended an anti-bacterial routine to help combat it. Witch hazel is a good natural astringent and is safe for sensitive skin like mine. Wipe it on with a cotton ball or pad after washing and let dry. Also keep anything that comes into contact with your face clean, such as pillowcases and phones/phone receivers. Mine also tends to be the worst in the peak of summer and dead of winter due to how my skin reacts to the elements. Sweating clogs pores and winter dryness encourages your skin to produce more oil. Deep cleansers, exfoliation and using a moisturizer can help with those issues. Age also plays a factor. My mother is peri-menopausal and she says her acne is worse than ever due your skin becoming drier as you age.

I wish you both luck dealing with it! Anyone I know who has had acne due to purely hormonal reasons wasn't able to do anything about it besides keep the inflammation down.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.