HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

herbal supplements herbal supplements

Unread 11-03-2011, 10:13 AM
herbal supplements

I posted before about this but somehow it never made it to the boards..... hmmmm . Anyway, I wanted to share, because my sister told me about this supplement and she loves it!! It is a whole foods label called 24 hour menopause remedy. It is black cohosh and a few other things. She LUVS it and she is almost 50 going thru menopause naturally. I am 42 and just had a complete hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. EVERYTHING is gone! I started the remedy a few days after surgery along with evening primrose and flax seed. I have to say, I think it works!! I get night sweats but they go away in just a few seconds. I haven't had any other menopause symptoms as of yet. Maybe I will and maybe I won't but for now I think it is helping
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Re: herbal supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butnpsher1 View Post
I posted before about this but somehow it never made it to the boards..... hmmmm . Anyway, I wanted to share, because my sister told me about this supplement and she loves it!! It is a whole foods label called 24 hour menopause remedy. It is black cohosh and a few other things. She LUVS it and she is almost 50 going thru menopause naturally. I am 42 and just had a complete hysterectomy 3 weeks ago. EVERYTHING is gone! I started the remedy a few days after surgery along with evening primrose and flax seed. I have to say, I think it works!! I get night sweats but they go away in just a few seconds. I haven't had any other menopause symptoms as of yet. Maybe I will and maybe I won't but for now I think it is helping
Thank you for sharing this. I am 44 and just 1 week post-op from a complete hysterectomy of everything, (including the kitchen sink, as it feels right now), and just don't want to take a synthetic HRT. I will look in to this 24 hour menopause remedy. I didn't notice when you posted this and would love for you to reply if it has been sometime ago and if you have been using this let me know how it is going???

DMc
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:54 PM

I would like to caution those who have been advised against ert as black cohosh has estrogenic qualities. Please check with your doctor before using this or any other supplement.
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debmcc View Post
just don't want to take a synthetic HRT.
There are bio identical hormone replacements. Such as Estrace, Vivelle Dot, Climara, etc. You can read more in the articles at www.hormonejungle.com
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:07 AM

hmmm good to know! I told my doc I was taking it and she said it was ok, but I may back off from it just knowing now what you told me..... thanks!
Unread 11-12-2011, 07:32 PM

I have been taking Estroven about a month now. I could not take anything at first because I was on too many antibiotics and my stomach was too upset. As of yesterday I also started taking Estroven Nightime because my husband said that my snoring has gotten horribly loud along with Breath Right Advanced. I have been suffering from hotflashes & night sweats which wakes me up at night and then takes me awhile to get back to sleep thus causing my extra loud snoring. My husband said my snoring was okay last night until around 4:00am when it came off my nose. I am now having less hot flases/night sweats. I am 6wks post-op. Still have a swelly belly and some tenderness but this too will pass. Both ovaries removed, uterus & cervic, no hormones..Hope this helps.
Unread 11-19-2011, 03:38 PM

HI butnpsher 1, I am also 3 wks. out from a complete Hysterectomy but I am 66 and already through the Menopause. I was just wondering what the 24 hr. menopause remedy would do for me. I am glad it seems to be working for you. My biggest question is this I have some bloodpressure problems and I think I heard that Black Cohosh will cause your pressure to go up. So I am wondering if this would work for me. I don't even know if I need to take anything for loss of horomones. At my age I think mine were all gone anyway. I am experiancing Anxiety and insomina can't seem to shake that right now. Good Luck with your recovery. I will be thinking about you.
Unread 11-20-2011, 06:47 AM

Hey she beats, thanks! Yes, I have heard some things about black cohosh too, but I stopped taking it for a week and MAN the hot flashes and the insomnia!!! I couldn't handle it!! I would recommend you consult your physician about taking it. I told mine and she said it was a great choice. I stopped for one week and it was awful, but have been back on it for 2 days and my nights were so much better good luck!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.