HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

when is it ok to "fool around" while waiting for sex clearance? when is it ok to "fool around" while waiting for sex clearance?

Unread 11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
when is it ok to "fool around" while waiting for sex clearance?

Oct 18th had uterus and cervix removed laproscopicly. Was wondering if it would be ok to have Hubby Ya know....fool around....or if that needs to wait. I know that penetration is big no no but what about the "outside"? Scared an orgasm would hurt.
Unread 11-06-2011, 08:21 PM
Re: when is it ok to "fool around" while waiting for sex clearance?

I was too afraid to try.. lots of other ladies have and said it was great.. my surgery was 9/9/11.. I am now 8 weeks post op.. as of this past Friday.. still haven't tried anything... but to answer your question try.. I have heard its ok.
Unread 11-07-2011, 01:10 AM

I would be careful, sometimes one thing leads to the next. My hubby and I did the same thing and I have now been extened another 6 weeks if recovery. My "cuff" stitching seperated and I am now at risk of my small intestine coming through. I am not trying to scare you, I just want you to be very careful. If I had it to.do again, I would have very graciously been ok with the original 6 weeks. There are other Thu.ha you can do besides getting to close to your "goods". Hope this helps.
Unread 11-07-2011, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyeska95 View Post
Oct 18th had uterus and cervix removed laproscopicly. Was wondering if it would be ok to have Hubby Ya know....fool around....or if that needs to wait. I know that penetration is big no no but what about the "outside"? Scared an orgasm would hurt.

Many doctors require "complete pelvic rest" until clearance but, if yours didn't give specific orders, then you need to call and ask what is and is not allowed. You risk problems or possible infection by engaging in any sort of sex too soon. Only your doctor knows if your recovery has progressed far enough for any type of sexual activity to be safe ~ that's not something anyone here can say, I'm afraid.

If you've not done so already, it will help you to check out the following HS links which explain in more detail:

Sex - Do I Really Have to Wait Six Weeks?

Sex - Post-Op Libido and Sexual Activities

Post-Op Sex Checkpoint

Sending all good wishes for your recovery!

Unread 11-07-2011, 08:31 AM

Thanks for the great replies. There was no way intercourse was going to happen but did try outercourse last night before others replied. After about a minute I had him stop because I had some pain in the vaginal cuff even though wasn't even a little bit close. No damage but defiantly going to wait longer. My Dr said 8 weeks for intercourse. That's so long but don't want any more procedures! Thanks for the articles you forwarded to me pooodle
Unread 11-07-2011, 09:51 AM
when is it ok to "fool around" while waiting for sex clearance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston40 View Post
I was too afraid to try.. lots of other ladies have and said it was great.. my surgery was 9/9/11.. I am now 8 weeks post op.. as of this past Friday.. still haven't tried anything... but to answer your question try.. I have heard its ok.
When I say try I mean outercourse.. not intercourse..

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway