HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

endometrial adenocarcinoma, stage 1c, grade 3 endometrial adenocarcinoma, stage 1c, grade 3

Unread 11-18-2011, 12:41 PM
endometrial adenocarcinoma, stage 1c, grade 3

Hello, I'm new here. Had a hysterectomy for complex endometrial hyperplaxia with atypia two weeks ago by regular gynecologist surgeon. Was on waiting list too long and now found out I have endometrial cancer stage 1c, grade 3. Tumor was large and invaded the outer half of myometrium. Lymphovascular invasion present focally. What is lymphovascular invasion? Are there any survivors out there that had what I have? What treatments did you have? I've been so despondent since hearing I have cancer. I have an appoint with an oncology team next week at the cancer agency. Thanks for listening!
Unread 11-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Re: endometrial adenocarcinoma, stage 1c, grade 3

I don't know much about the grade and stage of cancer you describe. Do you have hyperplasia as well?
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:01 PM

Hi Carol,
Yes, I had hyperplasia. The d & c lab report diagnosis was Complex endometrial hyperplasia with atypia. Wish I had the hysterectomy much sooner, but have to deal with what I have now.
Unread 11-18-2011, 08:11 PM

Hi Moyee: Sorry you've joined our club. I had a very similar diagnosis as you in April of this year. Lymphovascular invasion in laymen terms suggests that "something" has passed between the lymph nodes (I'm sure someone else will be able to explain it better). I am having the "sandwich treatment", which means 3 sessions of chemo, radiation and then 3 more sessions of chemo. It's no picnic, BUT it's also not as bad as you're probably imagining! There are quite a few women on here who also have the same diagnosis and treatment, so I'm sure they will reply to your post also and assure you that you can get through this!
Sending you hugs and hopefully some comfort.
Pam
Unread 11-19-2011, 11:00 AM

I had endo adenocarcinoma higher stage, lower grade. That means my cells appeared less abnormal than yours but they had spread a lot further.

I had 6 rounds of carbo-taxol chemo followed by 28 external rads. At one point, I thought I'd rather take the risk of dying than go through chemo. Then I thought I'd rather die than go through rad. Treatment was hard but not as bad as I imagined and I have no regrets that I went through with it.

The C-word is scary and the prospect of treatment can be even scarier. It's been a year since I finished and I've had good checkups ever since. My gyn-onc believes I will have a full recovery.

When you find out what your treatment protocol will be, come back and post. I'm sure there will be others who've had the same treatment and can give you some tips. Good luck with everything.
Unread 11-19-2011, 05:00 PM

Moyee

I am sorry that you have received a cancer diagnosis.

The ladies here are very kind and supportive. It is grat you are meeting with an oncology team, once you get your treatment plan you can get into major fight mode.

Being upset when you hear the "c" word is normal. Hang in there we are here for you.

Unread 11-26-2011, 04:35 PM

Ladies,

Thank you for your kind replies and reassurances. I have met with my doctors and they say my prognosis is good. I will be getting three rounds of carbo-taxol, follow by 25 external rad, than one internal for the vaginal area. I had hepatitis b since I was born which had never flare up due to a strong immune system. My chemo doctor had prescribe antiviral med to keep the hepatitis quiet. Have anyone with hepatitis came through their chemo okay? Is six cycles of chemo the standard care? How does the doctor determine how much chemo to give you. Does having more chemo improves your chances of not having a recurrence? I'm to start my chemo the week before Christmas and hope I wouldn't get too sick on Christmas day. I'm very grateful to have found this site and sending back hugs and Thanksgiving wishes!!
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:43 PM

I'm not sure how they determine how many cycles to give you. My stage was higher than yours so that's probably why I had more. You can go to nccn.org to find standard guidelines for treatment for each diagnosis. You have to register but it's free.

I had my chemo treatments once every three weeks. Usually day 3-4 after treatment was when I felt the worst. Weeks 2-3 between treatments I usually felt pretty close to normal. Hopefully Christmas will fall during the good days for you.
Unread 11-27-2011, 10:04 AM

Hi There Moyee
I had what is called Sandwich therapy
I had 3 cycles of carbo/taxol and then 25 external radiation and 3 high dose internal radiation and then 3 more cycles of carbo/taxol
I had stage 3c with 2 positive lymph nodes and positive peritoneal fluids , which from what I read, when the nodes are positive the positive fluids makes the prognosis worse.
However i am almost at my 3 year mark, and endo cancer is rare to recur after 3 years.
It does seem that most women get 6 cycles of chemo, at least with the higher stages of endo cancer.
Perhaps because you stage is lower

Do you know if you had a full pelvic lymphadenectomy?

Sure glad you found us because there are several of us here who had a similar treatment to yours.

Also I would not worry about the hepatitis, the antiviral meds really should take care of that.
Unread 11-28-2011, 06:12 PM

I did not have the full pelvic lymphodenectomy. The surgeon felt that it would not have benefited me. I didn't have a fully staged surgery. I'm to have a CT scan next Thursday and I guess they will decide on further treatment after seeing the results. Do you ladies have any tips as to how I can best prepare myself to cope with side effects? Were you able to work while under treatment?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.