HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Meds for bladder/pelvic pain Meds for bladder/pelvic pain

Unread 11-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Unhappy - Meds for bladder/pelvic pain Meds for bladder/pelvic pain

Hello all, some of you know my history, but anyway 2 months post up (cystocele/enterocele/rectal prolapse and bowel resection) my pelvic/bladder pain has come black full force and not sure how to proceed anymore. it the same as before the surgery.

Im still taking oxy and perco daily, and tried cymbalta but for whatever reason my bladder pain got worse with it, i don't undersand it. so im going to try an see a counsellor for chronic pain and see if he can help me deal with this.

i just started a new job and this is making it difficult to be positive, i get emotional everytime i think im going to be like this the rest of my life.

every moring it feels like someone has shoved something up the vag and its stuck there on top of the constant burning pain in pelvic and abdominal area. i thought maybe with time the pain would get better but its going the other way. I've had two bladder infections since surgery which is unusual for me, so i hope nothing else is going on.

Anyway just want to hear from people with bladder /pelvic pain to see what worked for you as far as meds go. the only meds i can't used are gabapentin(lyrica), amitryptiline, pre-gabalin, so anything else thats worked for somebody out there would be great to hear about it.

Thanks
mo
Unread 11-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Re: Meds for bladder/pelvic pain

Cymbalta is a dangerous drug that should be taken off the market, in my opinion. ::scowl::

That said, you may have already tried this - when I was round 1 in the castle from the seizure due to local anesthetic (we tried ablation first), I had some bladder pain for a few days - possibly due to all the muscles in my body trying to escape all at once (seizures are no fun) Anyway, they gave me some pills called peridium or something like taht... made my pee turn bright orange (glad they warned me) ... it did help a LOT with the pain. They made me feel a little nauseous and the pain went away quickly so I stopped taking htem, but really they helped a lot.
Unread 11-21-2011, 04:31 PM

I am 10 weeks out from almost same surgeries and have same issues. I have had one uti but feel like I may have one now. Had to take lortab yesterday for first time in 6 wks. Pain has increased in last 2 wks since back at work. Same burning you describe and heaviness in vaginal area. Can't sleep because it is miserable feeling. Think I am calling the dr tomorrow for appt. Come home from work and straight to bed to get on heating pad for a while. Very discouraged and emotional when I think how I feel this far past surgery. Hoping we have brighter days soon.
Unread 11-21-2011, 08:54 PM

I know what you mean, im so sorry you are stuck in the same boat, im lucky that i still have perco and oxy because without them i wouldn't be able to function. I don't how much longer my GP will let me use these but i feel i have no choice at the moment. the heating pad is a Godsend! I also get very emotional when i start thinking that this is it, so i try to think of other things. I too am on my 2nd bladder infection in eight weeks, so what the heck! is there something with these surgeries that we don't know about? I never used to have bladder infections until now.

will you try and get stronger pain med? Good luck getting in soon with your doc, i see my doc tomorrow. she wants me to try all these anti-depressant but the side effects are bad, I've never reacted well to those. Including the nerve pain meds. I think bladder pain is so different from other pain, its hard to control.

I really hope we get a break somewhere.

Hugs
Mo
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:00 PM

No luck with anti depressants for me either. What the heck is causing the burning if not an infection?
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:13 PM

It could be so many things.
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:19 PM

do you have IC/ I was diagnosed 3 years ago. i tried pyridium for the burning even during my bladder infection but it did not get rid of the pain which is very weird because it should numb the inside of the bladder. I just don't get it. My doc assures me i don't have any endo left down there, he's been in there 4 times since my hysto and he did not see any so it can't be that.

It might me something stuck together again or nerve damage. Im afraid we are both in a pickle.
Unread 11-24-2011, 05:14 AM

If you google IC-network and find the link, you will find a lot of helpful info and blog for people with IC.
Unread 12-06-2011, 11:17 AM

It looks like i might be fighting a low grade bladder infection that;s hard to get rid of. apparently my bladder doesn't empty completely so infection is hard to clear out completely. Still working on it. seeing doc on friday again.
Unread 12-06-2011, 12:13 PM

Same here mojo. dr visit yesterday showed infection not gone but better. Sending to lab for culture and 10 days of cipro and preventative drug for yeast since its 3rd round antibiotics. Dr trying to figure out vaginal pain and put me on 12.5 mg elavil as she said it works for some on pain. She said it would help with sleep and mood since it is an anti depressant. Past luck with AD was not good so I am hopeful this will help. First pill past night and sleep was better

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway