Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 28-Dec 04,2011 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 28-Dec 04,2011 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 28-Dec 04,2011

Unread 12-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 28-Dec 04,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar06 View Post
I finally made it on the computer today...I came home last night. don't think they were super happy about that but home I am...Dr told the DH that she delivered a 7 month old baby. Wow...I have to have more energy if I don't have to lug that around!! They left my overies but she said they had to do alot of untying in there to do that. Had a rough night and pretty sore today. Hubby is home with me but he is a fuss bunny. Sore sore sore!! Gas is pretty rough too...only thing I got on the scale this morning and gained 2 lbs...how is that possible? After the bowel prep and not eating solids for 2 days and a hugh mass removed I thought I would have lost something...blah!!!
My TAH was Monday and I gained weight too. How in the world I am up on the scale I don't know. The Dr. took so much out, the bowel prep, not eating hardly anything since the day before the surgery, I just don't get it! LOL My husband is a fuss bucket too, I am hoping he'll go fishing in the morning to give me a little rest. LOL He is morestrict than the nurses were at the hospital! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2011, 04:11 PM

The fluid pumped via the IVs can cause you to weigh more so give it time to absorb / work tnrough your system.

Unread 12-01-2011, 06:15 PM

12 hours post op from abdominal and I have done circuit of the halls. Now I am sitting up in a chair posting and playing facebook games. My belly is achy but not very swollen, mostly it feels like period cramps. They still have me with a catheter until morning. Looking forward to a normal breakfast in the morning- Cream soup and ice cream wasn't very filling. Hope all the other princesses are doing as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2011, 07:28 PM

LOL Good luck on that regular breakfast... I couldn't wait for real food and when it came it was cream of wheat and juice...soft breakfast was ordered for breakfast and lunch..thank goodness I got to go home for dinner which was something I don't even remember...pain meds...lol
Unread 12-02-2011, 02:55 AM

I had an abdominal performed 15 hours ago. My belly hurts but my back hurts the worst. I can not sleep well either. They said it is the meds wearing off to why I can not sleep. I want to get out of bed because they havent let me out of bed yet. The nurses are so nice, they have me on an iv drip for pain, and giving me something for my back pain. I feel like I am driving the nurses crazy, but they keep being so sweet! I am happy it is over with, now to get to walking!
Unread 12-02-2011, 05:02 AM

Every dy seems to get better, I finally had a good poop, 3 days post op, been able to pass gas ok,I am sore, and my lower back hurts worse than anything else.
I am taking motrin 600 if I need to, but other than that I just have to take it easy, i do what I think I can do around the house, and then I take a nap, I stop when I want and rest
hope all of you are having a speedy recovery
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Unread 12-02-2011, 07:13 AM

I'm still waiting for that milestone. Hopefully today. Lord knows I've taken enough Dulcolax and been drinking water like crazy.
I've had lower back pain too. Heating pad and warm showers have been helpful. I went and sat in the recliner for a few hours last night and that helped too. I haven't needed more than the ibuprofen either, but I took a Percoset last night and it helped my back and gas pains.
Unread 12-02-2011, 07:40 AM

I finally had a BM today 3 days post op. What a relief. I've been walking around the house some. I weighed myself today and it looks like I lost 5 or 6 pounds. I guess that uterus really was enlarged. It was probably full considering my period decided to start the day of surgery. I'm still taking the hydrocodon but I'm lasting a little longer between doses. If I go too long my belly really starts hurting and it takes longer for the pill to take effect. Here's to getting stronger everyday hystersisters!
Unread 12-02-2011, 07:56 AM

I knew this wasn't going to tickle afterwards so I won't say too much about the pain im having . My dr has been VERY understanding thus far even keeping me an extra night so my pain was under control. My suspicion of adenomyosis was.confirmed my uterus wasn't enourmous but it was enlarged & weighed 140. As of now im healing a little slower than average but not so bad. I hope.ALL my sisters around the world are going well.
Unread 12-02-2011, 08:01 AM

4 days post op and feeling pretty good. I get tired fairly easily and if I start doing to much my body definately lets me know. I have been able to move my bowels twice with the help of Colace (what a relief) and only taking 600 mg motrin when needed. I tried to go to sleep without pain meds last night and couldn't make it through, got very stiff and sore around 2:00 a.m. I do have a slight orangy discharge that seems to be pretty common. The hardest thing I find is not getting bored and depressed. I'm so used to an active lifestyle with work and always being on the run, I'm finding it difficult to be so still and do so little. Dr. has instructed me to be out of work for 6 weeks so I can fully heal. Any suggestions on things to do to make the time go by? Hope everyone is doing well!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register