HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bleeding and surgery??  Will they do it if I am still bleeding?? Bleeding and surgery?? Will they do it if I am still bleeding??

Unread 12-27-2001, 11:39 AM
Bleeding and surgery?? Will they do it if I am still bleeding??

Help!!! My surgery is scheduled for January 3rd, I am having a supracervical hyst, and I received an added bonus Christmas present. I bleed all the time but it is usually just a steady nerve wracking pain in the you know what that I have just come to accept. This, however, is worse than my norm. I had been on Aygestin for a while to try to control this problem and it did control the heavy bleeding but never stopped it completely. I had been advised to go off of it before time for my surgery and am wondering if this could be the reason? Has anyone ever experienced this and will they still perform the surgery if I am still bleeding. I know I have six days yet but my periods before the Aygestin usually lasted anywhere from 9 to 13 days, off about 5 or 6 days and then another would start. If you have any information or could calm me down a bit it would be greatly appreciated!!!!
Unread 12-27-2001, 12:09 PM
(((((((Kells)))))))

Hi Kells,

You'd be amazed at how many of us were bleeding when we arrived at the castle.....I, too, was concerned (and a bit embarassed) but the staff calmed me down immediately. Their comment was, what's a little more blood? They deal with this every day, so try to be re-assured that this is no big deal to them.

As always, call your Dr. if you are concerned about being anemic or if he/she has any concerns about the bleeding.

The waiting truly is the worst part of this, and I'm sure your mind is racing 1500 miles per hour; but, really, this is no big deal to the hospital staff......

I hope just knowing that others have "been there, done that" helps calm your concerns somewhat.

You'll do just fine, and will discover that it is soooooooooooo worth it!!!

s to you!
Unread 12-27-2001, 12:18 PM
Bleeding and surgery?? Will they do it if I am still bleeding??

My TAH/BSO was June 6. I stayed on Aygestin for more than 45 days before my hyst. Both my docs said to stay on it because I was so anemic. Did you ask your doc why you had to go off it and get a period right before your surgery?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.