Went for 6 week Post Op 1 week early... | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Went for 6 week Post Op 1 week early... Went for 6 week Post Op 1 week early...

Unread 12-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Went for 6 week Post Op 1 week early...

Because the office is closed for the Holiday!

They had a cancellation and because I kept emailing the dr. my "concerns" about well, everything, they called and asked if I could be there in an hour. So I went.

He said everything looked good, there was "possibly" an infection or dried blood in one single area and he swabbed it and said that the dried blood probably had bacteria on it so he gave me an antibiotic "just to be safe". Wouldn't you know, as uncomfortable as that visit was from me having some rather strange sharp pains, I didn't bleed or spot the rest of the day, nor overnight. The exam was uncomfortable but not unbearable.

They insisted I get my boosters for Tdap, Pneumonia, and the flu since I work at a school and haven't been in a while and I got my work release for the 28th. So I got my shots. My two upper arms are swollen and hurt like a son of a gun where I got the injections. Tdap on one side, the other two on the other arm. Today I wake up with a nasty headache (almost migraine ish) and a low grade fever 100.7. Thinking the fever is because we slept with the window closed and the room got hot, I went and had my coffee outside and went and got the paper from the drive. Sat down in living room, took it again, 100.9.

The antibiotic they gave me is so CHALKY, it's gross, I have to gag it down. Side effect, headache, fever, chills. Add that my headache and fever could be related to any of the 3 shots I got I'm not happy.

My pain is actually minimal this morning from the surgery (1st time ever) and we did get the all clear for when I'm ready. Yeah, I think I'll get rid of this fever first. My temp yesterday at the Dr. was only 97.7, which I usually run low anyway so they went ahead with the shots even after I asked about this infection. They said bacteria infections wouldn't affect me. Hmm...Now I'm regretting getting my boosters.

Anyone else get an infection and have a reaction to the antibiotic or told to get their boosters? Fingers crossed its a minimal pain day and I can talk my kids into doing some Christmas baking with me sitting and just giving instructions.

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Re: Went for 6 week Post Op 1 week early...

Interesting that they would give you boosters when your immune system is already working hard to heal you. I am not a doctor so I don't know whether it was a good idea or not but my gut feeling is that it isn't something I would have done. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 12-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Re: Went for 6 week Post Op 1 week early...

Thanks, yeah I asked the nurse twice if it was a good idea. Now I have had a low grade fever all day and I can't get warm. At least I have antibiotics, right? My surgery pain was minimal but being achy this time of year stinks.
I'm just getting a bit depressed about not being able to do normal things, especially baking, so I direct my teen, and they just don't taste the same ya know? At least I put my foot down about traveling.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register