HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 02-Jan 08,2012 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 02-Jan 08,2012

Unread 02-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jan 02-Jan 08,2012

Just so you know, sent my whole family to a superbowl party and happy me is home alone. yay. I feel a bit antisocial, but I don't feel like chit chatting and watching a football game for 4 hours. I am laying on the couch watching whatever I feel like. I feel like being alone and just recovering and I don't want to hide from the world but I only have so much energy.... I don't know.

JRumker - I have the same pains and aches. Hope you are all having fun...
Unread 02-05-2012, 04:59 PM

Kmcdbody....me, too! I even made my daughter go with my husband, my son, and my son's new girlfriend....and she hates football as much as I do! Teehee. Why does that make me smile? Probably bc she has caused so much stress this week.
Unread 02-05-2012, 05:09 PM

I have enjoyed reading all your posts from the past two days. I overdid it this weekend, too. My daughter and I had signed up for a fun cake decorating class. But it was a 2 1/2 hour drive to her home...and that was pretty darn uncomfortable and too long a trip, no matter how I flattened out the seat, changed positions, or stuffed pillows behind me. When we got up there, I thought, well, I'll walk a bit. It felt good to not be folded in half in a car seat, so I overdid THAT too. By the time we went to bed, I was ouchy, grouchy, and to make matters worse, had forgotten my white noise machine at home!!! I took some pain killer/sleep aide and actually slept pretty well once my crying jag was over. (Cake decorating class today was fun.) But the drive home, not so much.

Some of you were talking about being disappointed that other people in your lives have not been very empathetic--me, too. My sister called me 10 days after my operation, and has not called since. My dad and brothers haven't even asked how I am doing. But--my good friend did bring me a fantastic casserole the third day and has stopped by after work a few times and has called and emailed regularly; a couple of others have checked in on me via email, too. But I return to work tomorrow, and most of them have not said one word. Since I have dr's orders to leave at 3:30, I do not want them taking up my time making excuses for their lack of concern. I know that for me, I will make a better effort with others now because of my experience. I suppose I was not very thoughtful in the past, either. So from that standpoint, something else that is good has come out of my hysterectomy--more of an awareness of others. (We'll see how long it lasts! LOL)
Teenagers...are all about themselves. I remember when our son turned 18 and graduated from high school. He was going to move in with friends, and said he'd sleep in his car first before coming back home!! Amazingly, about 4 years later, he realized that he was going nowhere with his life, and asked to come back home so he could bankroll some money to go to school--which he did. And he was wonderful during that time he was back home. After he left, my husband and I just looked at one another--THIS is the son we thought we were raising all during those teenage years! Maybe DaisyChick (I think it was you), your husband could speak privately to your daughter and remind her of the time you spent with her to get her ready for her piano recital, and suggest she thank you. I don't think it hurts teenagers to be gently reminded--they really do not think too much past their own teenage "bubble."
I am going to take it easy the rest of the night, but sure do dread tomorrow. I think this next period of time will be hard because we are doing more so more is expected of us by others--and by us. Hubby has asked me what I want for supper tomorrow. (He's a WHIZ with the crock pot!!)
Unread 02-05-2012, 05:19 PM

Okay, so the hormones are really trashed today. I spent most of the morning lying around the house feeling sorry for myself, and now I am watching the Superbowl and the Giants are my team. Would you believe I started choking up over a Budweiser commercial because the scene was that they lifted prohibition ??? Give this girl a beer for her tears ! When will this end ??? I'm over myself already !
Unread 02-05-2012, 05:23 PM

Oh I feel ya sister! I haven't taken any pain meds today (I only have one left) so I'm having a beverage tonight!!!
Unread 02-05-2012, 05:46 PM

Just curious..... Do any of you grab your belly when you laugh, cough or sneeze? I'm still afraid everything is gonna fall out and my natural movement now is to grab my belly and hold onto it. I'm gonna feel pretty silly when I do that in public...
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:00 PM

I always have my hand on my belly when I laugh!
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:08 PM

I still have to hold my tummy when I cough or sneeze for sure. And it still hurts.
I am glad football has allowed all of you some quiet time today to recharge for the week...I came home from sons hockey game and crashed. Slept from 3-6:30 on the couch. Did not even wake up when family cooked and ate supper. Guess I needed it. Had a crappy night.
I guess I am lucky my kids are little. My 6 year old made me a card while I slept. So sweet.
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:26 PM

My back pain has taken over any belly pain. Piriformis syndrome, sciatica and then waking up this morning with pain in between the ribs in my back. Going for Physical therapy, massage and chiropractic tomorrow. I read that this is common and could be a result of being on a hard table in stirrups for two and a half hours during surgery. Some sort of nerve impingement.
Unread 02-05-2012, 06:34 PM

I still hold my tummy when I sneeze, cough, laugh hard. My issue is my back being achey since the doctor appointment last Thursday. he had to use the silver nitrate for granulation and I have had some pressure That isn't very comfortable.
Anyone else experiencing this too?

**Super Bowl commercials are really good this year. Go Giants!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway