HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

5 weeks post op. cramping and spotting 5 weeks post op. cramping and spotting

Unread 01-15-2012, 11:46 AM
5 weeks post op. cramping and spotting

So here I thought I was healing so beautifully... aside from tiring easily. The last couple of days Im pinching, cramping and spotting. I plan to go back to work part time this week and ease myself back into my life. Is this a normal part of healing or should I be calling the doctor?
Unread 01-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Re: 5 weeks post op. cramping and spotting

The last couple of days, I've been cramping a bit more also. It was so bad the other night, I had to take some pain meds and hang out with the heating pad a bit. I figure it's just part of the healing. Reading some other people's posts, I feel lucky to have had so little pain, also, the post op pain is still mild compared to what I used to experience!! I've also pretty much stopped spotting but the dr said to let him know if it comes back, spotting seems to be different with each person.....did your dr say anything about granulation at your post op visit?
Unread 01-15-2012, 01:44 PM

I saw the nurse practitioner at my post op... I wont see my Doctor until my 6 week visit.... unless of course I need him sooner. Its a frustrating process.... Im a 120 physically fit woman who really thought she'd heal faster be stronger and do more than the average woman.... and Im getting a reality check I wasnt counting on! I just assumed Id feel better as the weeks went by with no setbacks. Not loving this !!
Unread 01-15-2012, 06:08 PM

I"m having this too-but it's been ever since surgery-never stopped spotting/bleeding or cramping-so I guess we cannot wait to resume daily activities until we are pain or symptom free and it sounds like we will be like this for a long while? Bummer!
Unread 01-15-2012, 07:57 PM

Looks like we are in this together...my doc said that some cramping and spotting would be normal and as long as I'm not bleeding, it should be ok. I'm experiencing some slight cramping tonight as well but minimal spotting. Unfortunately I did have to lift a small step ladder today, not sure if that's why. As far as I can tell, I haven't passed my stitches yet.
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:14 PM

I haven't seen stitches either, but I have some tiny black specks this past week, so maybe that is them?
Unread 01-15-2012, 08:24 PM

Could be. Doc said mine would be light blue or gray.
Unread 01-15-2012, 10:33 PM

Week 6 1/2 now, just started passing little grey/brownish things when I wipe. Pretty sure they are stitches. Maybe 1 every other time. 5th week, Dr. revealed by a vaginal exam, I WASN'T healed. Through a lot of prayers, I can happily say, I'm feeling like week 6 has been a HUGE turn around point. Hopefully this time next week, I'll be back to work! Keep resting & taking it easy!! Follow ALL Dr.'s advice & IF YOU FEEL SOMETHING IS WRONG, CALL YOUR OB/GYN!! Hang in there the WORST is O-V-E-R!

Power in Prayer!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway