HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

What are signs/symptoms of adhesions or torn stitches? What are signs/symptoms of adhesions or torn stitches?

Unread 01-22-2012, 10:39 AM
What are signs/symptoms of adhesions or torn stitches?

I worry I have caused adhesions or torn stitches. What are the repercussions from or signs/symptoms of adhesions or torn stitches? Would I know if I have either of them? I know my doc next week will do a vaginal exam and tell me whether vaginal cuff his healed, but how can the doc tell whether everything else, everything outside of the vagina, has healed and whether I have adhesions or torn stitches?
Unread 01-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Re: What are signs/symptoms of adhesions or torn stitches?

the only way to tell for adhesions would be to actually see them. I was full of adhesions when they opened me up. they did not realise how much i did have and they had done several ultrasounds, not sure about the torn stitches but for adhesions they would have to be looking right at them - hope this helps

i also have to add that for me i did not notice anything about the adhesions and i had them for years, no signs, or symptoms
Unread 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM

I had adhesions....one between my bladder and uterous. I had nearly constant pain the last six months before my surgery, especially when my bladder was full. My surgery took that away after healing that is. Healing was a little more painful I think do to the bladder work they did.

Incidently, I only knew the pain was from the adhesions AFTER surgery. Prior to surgery, all they could tell was that I had scar tissue between, they could not tell for sure that it was an adhesion.

I hope that helps.
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:03 PM

another sister posted this link on another thread it may explain more for you http://www.emedicinehealth.com/adhes...ons%20Overview

but ask your dr if you have any questions or concerns
Unread 01-22-2012, 09:55 PM

I had torn some of my stitches and all my doctor did was give me more pain meds and told me to take it easy. She of course checked me out and made sure that I was ok and that everything looked ok....which that was painful, but luckily it was all ok. That was just my case. Others might be different, but for me it was just more/longer rest time and on pain killers longer.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.