HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Bladder being reparied without sling, Surgery being scheduled need HELP Bladder being reparied without sling, Surgery being scheduled need HELP

Unread 01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Bladder being reparied without sling, Surgery being scheduled need HELP

I have gone through all the tests and now the office is scheduling my surgery date for the end of Feb, possibly the first of March. I don't understand all the terminology but he said that my uterus is being removed and the bladder is being put back in it's place. He is also doing something called a tvt to support the urethra, he said it is kinked and that is the only reason why i am not leaking right now. He is not going to use the sling to hold up the bladder. I need to know how this is done and what is the success rate without the sling. There are a lot of problems with the sling and I am a smoker, trying to quit and he said that its not a good idea.Also repairing the walls of the vagina. He has me on es trace 1 mg nightly to help strengthen the walls and tissues of the vagina.I am so worried that I am going to go through all this and still come out with the bladder not being very secure and will prolapse again with the way they are going to bring it back up.My daughter who is 39 is going to go through the same thing but a different approach by having it done robotic , pulling everything up and attaching it to her back and he said that would be forever. What does that mean? That mine won't last only a few years. I am 63, diabetic, have had multiple abdominal surgeries and the last was mesh in the abdomen for incisions hernia repairs that kept coming back.I need to hear from anyone that has had there bladder put back up that has not used a sling, good and bad about it. I need to know that I am not going to go through all this and wake up the same or only a few months of relief PLEASE it's getting late and I need to have any help I can. I can't seem to find any information on this type of suspension of the bladder.
Unread 02-02-2012, 10:21 PM
Re: Bladder being reparied without sling, Surgery being scheduled need HELP

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about bladder repairs but it seems most people have slings. I would ask the dr. all your questions.

You may want to get a second opinion. Anytime a dr. recommends surgery, especially something very invasive, it is a good idea to talk to another dr or two. different drs. often use different techniques.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.