HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Sexual Dysfunction After Hysterectomy

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Sex drive gone Sex drive gone

Unread 02-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Sex drive gone

Thank god I found this page I thought I was the only one having yhis problem.My surgery was 2/18/11 ovaries and uterus removed and my sex drive all gone. Before that I loved making love to my man now I dread it. If I get aroused I can't keep it or reach the big o. I don't even feel sexy anymore. I'm afraid dh going to leave me soon. I've been taking testorone shots, and est since june.but nothing has helped yet.I just feel hopeless don't knoe what to do. Helppppppp
Unread 02-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Re: Sex drive gone

My hysterectomy was 3 years ago and yes, the sex drive is gone. Nonetheless, my husband and I still engage in sexual intercourse, only to find that doing so works on restoring what was lost. It's not what it used to be, but just making the effort does have positive results. I think, just lower your expectations and go with what you've got. In the end, you may be pleasantly surprised.
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:56 AM

Nice to know I am not alone. I had my surgery March 4th 2011. I was hoping things might improve. I also have found that lowering my expectations and accepting that I just have to deal with it. My husband has been really supportive, I am the one most disappointed. Now that I have become to accept this loss, we have been enjoying what we have. Doing little things as if we were teenagers helps too. Writing one another love notes. Going on spontaneous date nights etc.
Unread 01-22-2013, 06:06 AM

I have no sex drive, I engage in sex with my husband, But I can't say that it's enjoyable. I just go through the motions, make sure he's having a good time and hope it will be over soon! And I'm really sad about it, I really love my husband and really enjoyed sex with him & now it's gone. I've been on HRT for a year and it hasn't improved at all. I haven't given up the hope that it will though!
Unread 02-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Sex drive gone

I have found
Cymbalta has truly helped with my Sex Drive.
I had a Total Hysterectomy 2/13/2004, and I was only 23.
I noticed a change in my Sex Drive three years ago.
I was but on Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia, but it has helped 100% with my Sex Drive.
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:10 PM

Hi sweet lady!
You are not alone, as you can see. My surgery was January 27, 2011 and for me, too, everything is all but gone. I was so depressed and in a state of hopelessness and despair until I was able to just accept my new "normal" and go with it. Not that I don't wish for the days of old, but acceptance of "it is what it is" and then moving on is the best thing you can do for yourself. I have also found that even with injectionsof hormones, I still have no interest. My levels have been tested and called normal. However, if I just push through, and do my d
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Sex drive gone

I am 7 yrs post radical hys for cancer and I will tell you what helps for me
1- we have sex every 48 hrs even if one doesn't feel like it ( as we get going we r both into it)
2-good accessories from Adam and Eve (they have the best lubricants)
3- good foreplay by dh!!!!
4- and I use d-ribose 5g / day. Don't know why but perks things up down there
5- I have an O about 75% of time

Wasn't easy in the beginning BUT gets better the more u do it

Hope this helps

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.