HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Surgery sched for thurs. and I'm sick! Surgery sched for thurs. and I'm sick!

Unread 02-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Surgery sched for thurs. and I'm sick!

I can't believe I have come down with something less then a week before my date at the castle! Dr. Has me on a zpack and I hope it clears everything up quickly. I really don't want to have to reschedule. Saying prayers that I can get past the worst of this before the 16. Ugh.
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Re: Surgery sched for thurs. and I'm sick!

Sweetie, I am sorry you are sick. I am glad you called your doctor, though, and you got something to take. Hopefully yur body can fight off the virus with help of the drugs.

Healing hugs to you....
Unread 02-11-2012, 09:51 PM

Thanks marestail. I am so glad I told the dr yesterday. I was going to wait till monday, but when I was having my preop testing the nurse kept hearing me cough and said I shouldn't wait. It had just started so hopefully we caught it before it has a chance to really settle in.
Unread 02-11-2012, 10:45 PM

Hopefully you will get over whatever you have quickly.Unfortuneitly I also came down with and ear infection and a sinus infection and went to the dr Feb 3rd for a Zpack and still had my surgery Feb 8th and everything went well besides the cough i still have and that hurts to cough.Good Luck
Unread 02-12-2012, 01:15 AM

I came down with a mild cold last Tuesday my surgery date 2-13-2012. I tried Cold eez and Ziacam to Zinc up but as of today the surgery was canceled as I still have a cough and cold. =( I figure God has his own plan so I will call to reschedule Monday. So bummed though. I wish you better luck in beating that little monster!
Good Luck
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:26 AM

I will you! My eye started getting yucky friday night. By the wee hours of saturday there was no denying I had pinkeye. Throat just a tad scratchy & one side of my nose a bit congested. Went to a satuday clinic at my pcp's. He put me on antiobiotic drops & said he thinks i should still be able to have it. I see one of the two drs tomorrow who will be operating so I guess I will find out then
Unread 02-12-2012, 07:29 AM

Hyster Sisters are here for you...... will say a prayer for you. I totally understand being so close to date.
Unread 02-12-2012, 08:43 AM

My surgery is scheduled for Friday and I also have a cold. My GP put me on a Z-pack a week ago. For a few days I felt great and then my husband got it. Even tho I stayed away from him, I still got some congestion back. Thank goodness I called my GP back on Thurs. and she called in some more Antibiotics for me. I am determined to beat this!! If I have to cancel my surgery I will go CRAZY!! I am so ready to get it over with. Does anyone know if they will still go ahead if you have just a small amount of congestion, or if it is all or nothing??
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:01 AM

I had a sinus infection and was on antibiotics a week before surgery and they still did the surgery. Nurse at the hospital made me call my surgeon thought to tell him. I still had my surgery.

It is for your safety if they cancel since they are putting a breathing tube in you. Just rest up and hope for the best : )
Unread 02-12-2012, 12:57 PM

Thanks everyone... it is that time of year and it looks like many of us have the same problem. Praying you are all well so you may go through with your proceedures. And flipflop sorry you had to resched... hope they get you in soon!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.