HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 20-Feb 26,2012 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 20-Feb 26,2012

Unread 03-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 20-Feb 26,2012

Mzshaw, praying for peace and healing for you and patience for your husband. The best thing I did was read the checklists and what to expect stuff with my husband so that when I am crazy emotional and crying he is quite clear that this is normal and when I am yelling at him for really nothing, or what otherwise would be small potatoes, he knows not to take it personally. That and in my saner moments I keep thanking him for the support he is providing, even if sometimes I feel like he could do better. Lastly, I keep coming here because even though I do have a good support network, they don't want to hear about my bowel movements or my gas pains. And while they can sympathize, they just cant understand what it is like to feel in pain and out of control of your emotional responses. I hope you find this site as helpful as I have and your recovery is swift.
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM

I feel like I'm going crazy to. I think I messed up and now I'm worried. Since the surgery I haven't been bleeding. I took my dog for a walk and came back and now I'm bleeding a little. Should I be worried?
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 20-Feb 26,2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana8936 View Post
Day 9 post op and went from BAD stomach cramps (gas) but could not move my bowels. Well thanks to Milk of Magnesia I now have diarrhea after every time I eat. Can't wait until my bowels are back to normal. I go back to work 3/22. Had my Surgery 2/24. So I feel like I'm doing very well. No pain unless I overdue it. I am bored at home. Last night I did not sleep at all. Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? I have ambien but I am scared to use it.
Have a good night Hyster Sisters!
I had trouble sleeping last night as well my surgery was 2/21. I think I was anxious about having to go back to work today. I know it's too soon. I am at least able to rest at work. But I tossed and turned a lot the night before as well.
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:27 PM

Mzshaw,

Sending you a hug if it helps. We just moved to Ga in August and I know how it feels to be lonely and hurting. I'm secluded even in my own house thanks to stairs. Ugh. The hubby just stomped off honkerblonky about God knows what and I'm trying to keep the household in line. I'm sending some love to all of us because I think we all need it right now. It seems that the majority of our little hysterwedge are experiencing some steps back. Ugh. This too shall pass and we can all return to the super women we are.
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 20-Feb 26,2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnorman View Post
I feel like I'm going crazy to. I think I messed up and now I'm worried. Since the surgery I haven't been bleeding. I took my dog for a walk and came back and now I'm bleeding a little. Should I be worried?
I think a bit is normal. Spotty light stuff is that I've experienced. If its heavy or if you are really nervous about it if call the doc.
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM

I am feeling better enough to be bored today. Yesterday I just felt awful all day long.

My parents left for home today. This is a good thing. DH came home early only to end up working again from home as soon as he got in the door. That is getting really old.

Had a friend over today which was nice. Our kids played together. My kid has been in social isolation. We homeschool and we are normally very active and go out a lot. Since my surgery, we have not been able to go anywhere. My parents were supposed to help with that but they did not. I am so happy that DD can go to her PE class with friends driving tomorrow. Yay!

I am still hoping to have the energy to see a show on Friday. We bought our tickets weeks ago, before I was scheduled for the hyster. We'll see how that goes. I anticipate being able to go, having a good time and then sleeping all weekend long.

I felt so much better today compared to yesterday that I tried to do a Kegal. It made me cramp up, so I decided no kegals for me for awhile.
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Ladies!!

The Checkpoints are a great resource. They can give you some more insight on what to expect at certain points in your recovery.

You can find the Week 3 and 4 Checkpoints here:

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_postop34.htm

It is normal to feel worse now than you did in the first 2 weeks of your recovery. Don't lose hope.

For those of you starting to experience some spotting, that is normal as well...but if you are worried, never hesitate to give your a call. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

I see some of you have already returned to work! That's great, and I hope it is going well for you. Just remember, take it as easy as you can still. Starting off slowly will help you out so much in the end!!

You girls are doing GREAT! This recovery is NOT easy, but you will get through it!!! Keep pampering yourselves and take this time for YOU!!!

to you all!!!
Unread 03-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Thanks so much for the prayers. Right now, my hysterwedge is going to be my support system. So please don't get mad if I seem a little whiny... I don't have another forum to "vent" to. I'm already feeling a little better to know that I'm not the only one whose DH is not always a D. Hugs to all of us & I look forward to sharing & caring with all!
Unread 03-05-2012, 08:15 PM

I am having some bothersome pains in my legs and I'm wondering if anyone else is having anything similar. It's mainly in my right leg. I have a pain in my inner leg just below my calf muscle and a pain in my inner right thigh. The lower pain hurts when I walk and the other one hurts almost constantly. It hurts at times to touch it.

I am still running a low grade fever and have an appointment tomorrow with my Dr because of it. I have finished my antibiotic and still have the fever and some brownish drainage coming from my incision. My incision is still open on one end and looks ***** but I'm not sure if it's puss or just discolored scabbing. Because it's open it's hard to tell and just looks gross.

I'm totally having a pity party right now which is way out of characther for me. I feel like this has turned into way more than I bargained for. Although in my mind I think I knew it would. I went in for a divinchi and vaginal surgery and came out with those incisions plus a 13" incision that bled constantly for nine days. My four hour surgery was five hours and I had to receive two units of blood. I had to go back to work today which has me upset because I know it's too early. So I'm just having a big ole pitty party. My husbands not being supportive so I think that's my reason behind the pitty party. I need to stop whineing and go spend some time in the Word! After what I've already been thru I am pretty scared. Which again is out of charachter.

Anyways is anyone else still running a fever 14 days post surgery and does anyone else have the aching in their legs?
Unread 03-05-2012, 09:04 PM

Hi, I had a vaginal total hyterectomy on 20th February 2012. For the first two weeks I was really happy with my progress. I had some issues with constipation and colicy pain, but that seemed to settled. I stopped taking meds for pain because everything seemed happy. But the anniversary of 2 weeks post op, entering week 3 has been miserable. For the first 2 weeks all I could think about was sex, now all I can think about is crying. My belly is uncomfortable, not really painful, but it wears me down as the hours go on. I can't sleep properly because I feel uncomfortable. By reading some of the other posts, it seems pretty normal, but gee I feel terrible. I'm so tired, and I can't think straight. Its a really frustrating time. I'm really sick of it.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.