HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Abdominal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

TAH/RSO 2 weeks post op TAH/RSO 2 weeks post op

Unread 02-16-2012, 05:23 AM
TAH/RSO 2 weeks post op

I am 41 y/o who had a tubal in 1997 after the vaginal birth of my last child. My periods were heavy over the last few years but in August 2010 they suddenly stopped. I saw my family doctor who ordered a transvaginal us and found a large 12cm cyst on my right ovary and I was sent to my ob/gyn who gave me meds to start my period and it did barely but after that again no period. I was having bloating and nausea and an ova1 cancer test was ordered and markers were normal which helped with my nerves. A second transvaginal us was done and the cyst had not changed and I had uterine fibroids. Well surgery was scheduled. Because of cyst size it was a Tah. I went to the castle on feb1st and was in or by noon and woke up in recovery around 2. I won't lie the pain was there when I woke up but the nurse placed a warn blanket and abdiminal binder on me and that helped. I was in my room by 330 with a pain pump that was great. Pain was manageable and the next day the cath was removed and I walked to the bathroom and urinated on my own with no issue. I was taken off the pain pump that night and placed on oral pain meds. The worst was I couldn't sleep for long enough. I came home in the 3rd and I am taking about one pain pill a day. The incision was not an issue. My pain has been different than I expected but totally not as bad as I expected. Just take it easy and allow yourself to rest. That's hard for me and i thought would have mire energy and I don't have any at all. The shower feels great but it wears me out! I am si thankful for this site! It gave me comfort and strength in the days before my trip to the castle and answered so many questions since I have been home! Also inhad no problem having bowel movements, they gave me stool softness and it caused me no extra pain at all! I would advise you have gas X on hand that was a life saver cause infelt like a balloon!!! Good luck ladies! You can do this!
Thankful for my sisters, this site and to be safely on this side!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.