HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

estrogen is making my face breakout severely. estrogen is making my face breakout severely.

Unread 02-27-2012, 07:57 AM
estrogen is making my face breakout severely.

Please help me. I am 29 and had my full hysterectomy 3 months ago. I was prescribed the .625 premarin and was having a lot of mood issues so they upped me to .9 premarin. Now my skin is having severe painful pimples that are unable to come to surface but are unattractive and painful. I havent had skin like this since my teens. Any recommendations would be great.
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Re: estrogen is making my face breakout severely.

Perhaps you could try another form of estrogen and see if the symptoms improve. You can read more about your options for ert in the articles at www.hormonejungle.com
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:12 AM

Have you had your testosterone level checked? I had the same issue when my Dr. had me on too much DHEA and testosterone and my estrogen level was too low. The breakouts even went down onto my chest.
Unread 03-11-2012, 03:13 AM

For me, I broke out when my estrogen was too low! After increasing it, it went away .
Unread 03-11-2012, 06:22 AM

I have high testosterone (level 245-should be under 40). OB referring me to endocrinolgist on Tuesday. I experience breakouts that are blood filled on my chin. Was put on the roll on Clindamycin. I have no idea since surgery what my levels are. Obviously, will be put on something to lower T . High testosterone sets you up for heart attack and breast cancer, and I am petrified of going on HRT for that very reason. May be adrenal gland for me. Read ovaries throw out 50% of T, and adrenals the other 50%. Obviously, I need an adjustment of some sort. Another thing hanging over my head. I don't know if this helps out, but just getting this out of my system. Has me worried. Thanks for lletting me air here.
Unread 03-11-2012, 06:37 AM

P.S. I forgot to mention that I went through natural (?) menopause at 41 like my mother, so I will not go through a surgical menopause with any of the symptoms. I asked to have T levels checked on a routine blood test in Oct. It was a fluke that I asked for it. Not routine. Asked because of facial hair on chin. One thing led to testing, and that's how they found tumors and cysts. Never experienced pain with cysts. Not dropping any eggs. Feel like the hen that wouldn't put out. In fact, I never felt better. Had been working out with personal trainer and boxing for 6 months prior in my attempt to get healthy. We'll you see where that led me. Who knows how long all this trouble has been brewing. Maybe since the natural menopause. Hoping for some answers in 2 days. I am now a young 57.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.