HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

2 weeks post op swelling/bloating/weight 2 weeks post op swelling/bloating/weight

Unread 02-28-2012, 08:55 PM
2 weeks post op swelling/bloating/weight

I am 2 weeks post op and wondered how long this bloating/swelling will last. I know weight gain after surggery is normal, but I had a laparoscopy Jan 4th, then LSH February 15th, so my body is not my friend! LOL! I made the mistake of stepping on a scale and not fun! I am also experiencing a lot of pain. I am normally an active person, who likes working out. So this whole experience is making me a bit frazzled. Sorry if I am rambling. I'm just a bit frustrated and no one around to vent to.
Unread 02-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Re: 2 weeks post op swelling/bloating/weight

The bloating/swelling is difficult to put a time frame on. Some people have none and others have it for many months. The most important thing right now is your recovery - which you are still in the very early stages of. Rest and take care of you, the rest will take care of itself.

And put the scale in the closet for a month or two!
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:05 PM

Same date, same surgery, same swelling and pain. Ugh! It is worse as the day goes by. I felt pretty good this morning until I sneezed several times.

Here's hoping e both feel better soon!
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:53 AM

I am in a lot of pain the last few days. This morning, I woke up so very crampy and I am wondering when this will subside. I go back to doctor on Friday, so I hope he has some answers for me!
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:21 AM

everyone recovers at a different pace, but maybe it is a small consolation that I really got better after week 3? Just try to be patient, rest, take good care of yourself....
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:47 AM

I am 2 weeks post op. I stepped on the scales just before I went into the hospital for surgery and then when I came home. I was up 7 pounds. The first 11 days or so I had no appetite so I started counting calories to make sure I had enough. I was afraid of gaining more after I started eating normal. I am back to my pre surgery weight but still really bloated. Clothes don't fit around my tummy. Sure hope it doesn't take months to go down. I'm continuing to count calories in hope of losing 15 pounds but know I have to have patience while I recover.
Good Luck to everyone and I know we will all be new woman when we are all healed
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:21 PM

Thanks for the replies. I just thought I should be getting better, but it seems to be regressing not progressing. I am going to hold up hope that week 3 is better.
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:35 PM

Had my lsh two weeks ago tomorrow and feel the same about the swelling. Thought I was doing well and then boom I look a few months pregnant now! ugh! At least dh is great and says that I need to rest more. Must have educated him on swelly belly without realizing he was actually taking in what I was saying.

Anyone else have low low back pain? mine goes from hip to hip and makes it very hard to get comfartable.
Unread 02-29-2012, 01:38 PM

I have the lower back pain on one side and it is really painful. I also have a bulge on my right-side incision, so I'm thinking the bulk of the work was done on my right side.
Unread 02-29-2012, 05:00 PM

I told my GYN at a post op visit that it was two steps forward and one step back. He smiled and nodded. Some weeks feels like one step forward and two steps back. Try to be patient. This is your time to heal.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.