HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Has anyone out there had a Myosure procedure? Has anyone out there had a Myosure procedure?

Unread 03-05-2012, 03:45 PM
Has anyone out there had a Myosure procedure?

Hello, Ladies! I'm wondering if there's anyone out there that has had or knows someone who has had a Myosure procedure. I have been having problems (for the second time) for about 6 months now. The first time I started having problems with "breakthrough bleeding" (I'd bleed for 3 weeks out of 4 and they were getting worse with amount of blood and cramps), my doc put me on a higher dose of BC pills, which seemed to work for about a year. Then, about 6 months ago, I started having periods for anywhere from 11-16 days long with HUGE blood clots and pain so bad it makes me nauseous, I get the "period poops" for about 5 days of it, oh and did I mention the migraines??! One of the worst parts of it is that I can't even wear tampons anymore because I had a cervical cone biopsy 2 years ago for high grade dysplasia and it changed the shape of my cervix so tampons won't go into the right place and stay there. So I'm having to wear pads through all of this crazy bleeding. I can't even tell you how many times I've messed up my clothes!!
Anyway, I was recently diagnosed with a submucousal fibroid and elected to have a receptoscope procedure to try to remove the fibroid. Unfortunately, it was bigger than doc anticipated and it's in a very difficult location all the way in the back of my uterus, so she was only able to get about half of it. It's still causing me problems (went to the dentist today & couldn't even do the procedure b/c I was throwing up from the pain and nausea from the broid...how embarassing!!)
Now I have to decide which procedure I'm going to have next. Doc mentioned Myosure, but I can't find much info about it b/c it's still so new. I watched the procedure online and it doesn't look that bad, but I can't find any info on what to expect long term as far as fibroid re-growth afterward. The other thing I'm debating is just doing the hyst and hopefully being done with all the problems for good (I'm 39, I've had my children, and I have a very supportive hubby, so I'm at peace with it if that's the best option for my situation). Doc said I'm a good candidate for TVH, but I'd rather do it TLH since the recovery time is faster and there's less pain involved. I have an appt with doc tomorrow to ask my list of questions, but I've learned soooo much from this site already, I wanted to reach out to you ladies, too, to find out if anyone has had that Myosure procedure or has any last minute insight for me before I make my final choice in the near future.
Sorry this is so long, and THANK YOU to everyone that has written in and given their insight and shared their experiences!! It really does help!!
Blessings and hugs to all!!
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Re: Has anyone out there had a Myosure procedure?

I'm not sure about that particular procedure. I had an ablation done several years ago, and if I'd only known what I know now...

At the time NO side affects were mentioned. It was a magical procedure that would make my periods go away, which it has done. I had no idea what post ablation syndrome was when my doctor told me about it several months ago, and I'll be scheduling my hysterectomy for this June.
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:44 PM

Hi AP72,

First, if you haven't tried Always Infinity pads, go get a boat load of them! I was bleeding through everything until I got those. No joke, they are phenomenal! (Glad I won't be needing them for much longer though!) I don't know about Myosure, and hysters are no easy decisions, but fibroids *will* come back (new ones) no matter what. My gyn told me that right away, and you should be able to find info on that online. It varies on how long they take to grow again. I'm sure some in months, some in year. I don't know if this helps at all. Good luck. I'm sorry for your troubles
Unread 03-07-2012, 09:25 AM

Thanks for responding! I met with doc yesterday and we decided that LAVH is the best option for me, so I'm officially a Princess in Training! I'm scheduled for April 3, 2012. Good luck to you!
Unread 08-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Myosure

I had the Myosure procedure done on Thursday, 8/16/2012 as outpatient surgery. Was told I could go back yo work Monday &was not feeling well. I have been bleeding consistantly since November &had SIS done after xmas. Found out i had a Submucosal Fibroid. I wasnt sure what to do since I am 39 as of yesterday & msrried 15 years and we were told to quit wasting money on having children for different medical reasons on husbands part and a little of mine. We do now have a 5 yr old little girl our miracle. Dr was trying to be very conservative to preserve my uterus. I had a hysteroscopy &it Myosure done. But have missed work since bleeding very heavily. I keep getting dizzy, pale or white as a ghost, sweating and almost blacking out. I did go to work Tuesday and ended up with one of the episodes, went to bathroom &it was throwing up. I called my OB & he met me at office did exam, gave me antibiotic Cipro. Told me endometrium was a little inflamed which was normal after suergery. But still didn't feel well Wednesday nor Thursday (week later). I called my primary care physician &it she was a little upset he didn't do urine test or blood test to make sure nothing else was going on. I also hadn't gone poop except after taking stool softner 3 days later...but not much. Stomach was killing me, still was using maternity pads...sucked! The worst part was the weaknes. I felt like my legs &it body hurt so bad and had no energy probably from loosing so much blood. Before i went on BC I was having low iron levels &it getting bloodwork once a month.
My fam dr said since I was on antibiotics it could mask anything tbat was wrong. Plus I purchased prenatal vitamins for iron for myself thinking that was part of the problem.
She ordered 4the same day ultrasound of abdomen &it labwork plus did urine culture in office. No infections but had low ketos (not sure spelling) but meant dehydrated from being sick. I was eating and drinking lots of water but not working. Took 4me times &heat pack 2get blood. Did ultrasound &waited 4dr to say I could leave. She was ruling out gallbladder, pancreas, bladder, etc. All was good. Friday she called &it blood test came back good. Think maybe between antibiotics, iron prenatals and more real rest may have helped. I have now not bled for a day and feel better daily. I am hoping this procedure worked. We are blessed to have a little girl after 10years if trying but would like to have 1 more. I have to say...I fell rollar blading in Sept. 2003 & was very athletic. Use to run also. I ended up having small back surgeries for a ruptured disc 2 months in a row May &was June 2004is bc I ruptured again in gym week later. Had my daughter July 13,2007 by c-section and had to be put to sleep. Had a 3rd surgery (major) bc of pain ALIF through my stomach. Replaced disc &was put small titanium plate in. Very rough surgery.
But I have never felt like this after any of them. I was afraid to drive, walk, etc for passing out and throwing up. And the aching was like a bad flu. Not sure if maybe I was fighting something bc no tests were ran til after put on antibiotics. If it works I am thrilled bc I won't have another scar to heal and surgery was way easier than alternative. I do think the recovery period is not a day or two. I have a high pain tolerance and usually use advil even between back surgeries except for cortisone injections which were not many after finding out not good for you. I do wish there was more info out there as I did research for 8-9a months before doing myosure. I think if it's right for you it's a great alternative. But depends on ur body &was situation. I may not be done depending how I am in a few weeks. Due to the heavy bleeding b4 surgery I began having UTI's from tampons &was pads. Not yo mention bleefing through, having stock in them &was my sex like dampered LOL.
I wish you the best. I never wrote on blogs but felt the need and wish I had more to read when doung my research. It helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP72 View Post
Hello, Ladies! I'm wondering if there's anyone out there that has had or knows someone who has had a Myosure procedure. I have been having problems (for the second time) for about 6 months now. The first time I started having problems with "breakthrough bleeding" (I'd bleed for 3 weeks out of 4 and they were getting worse with amount of blood and cramps), my doc put me on a higher dose of BC pills, which seemed to work for about a year. Then, about 6 months ago, I started having periods for anywhere from 11-16 days long with HUGE blood clots and pain so bad it makes me nauseous, I get the "period poops" for about 5 days of it, oh and did I mention the migraines??! One of the worst parts of it is that I can't even wear tampons anymore because I had a cervical cone biopsy 2 years ago for high grade dysplasia and it changed the shape of my cervix so tampons won't go into the right place and stay there. So I'm having to wear pads through all of this crazy bleeding. I can't even tell you how many times I've messed up my clothes!!
Anyway, I was recently diagnosed with a submucousal fibroid and elected to have a receptoscope procedure to try to remove the fibroid. Unfortunately, it was bigger than doc anticipated and it's in a very difficult location all the way in the back of my uterus, so she was only able to get about half of it. It's still causing me problems (went to the dentist today & couldn't even do the procedure b/c I was throwing up from the pain and nausea from the broid...how embarassing!!)
Now I have to decide which procedure I'm going to have next. Doc mentioned Myosure, but I can't find much info about it b/c it's still so new. I watched the procedure online and it doesn't look that bad, but I can't find any info on what to expect long term as far as fibroid re-growth afterward. The other thing I'm debating is just doing the hyst and hopefully being done with all the problems for good (I'm 39, I've had my children, and I have a very supportive hubby, so I'm at peace with it if that's the best option for my situation). Doc said I'm a good candidate for TVH, but I'd rather do it TLH since the recovery time is faster and there's less pain involved. I have an appt with doc tomorrow to ask my list of questions, but I've learned soooo much from this site already, I wanted to reach out to you ladies, too, to find out if anyone has had that Myosure procedure or has any last minute insight for me before I make my final choice in the near future.
Sorry this is so long, and THANK YOU to everyone that has written in and given their insight and shared their experiences!! It really does help!!
Blessings and hugs to all!!
Unread 08-26-2012, 10:15 PM

I apologize for all the grammar errors in previous post. I typed on phone and couldnt really read til after plus using phone instead of my computer. And first I time not to mention just can't sleep. I do hope you get the info you need bc ur post was a few months ago. I would like to know what you did and how you are doing.
Good luck!
User
Bobbie0497
Unread 08-29-2012, 05:16 PM

Hi, Bobbie0497. I hope you feel better soon! I ended up doing LAVH in April and I'm sooooo glad I did!! After meeting with my doc, I found out 1) Myosure had never been done in my area and not by my doc, so I'd be a guinea pig--no thanks) and 2) there was no guarantee that my fibroid wouldn't grow back. I decided I was done playing around with this thing, so LAVH was the way to go for me. I had a good experience with only a couple of minor setbacks (I had a UTI from the catheter and a fungal infection in my belly button from too much moisture--I live in Florida--you can't not sweat!), but I have made a full recovery and I don't ever have to worry about all the problems of periods or fibroids again!! YAY! Also, they discovered once they removed my uterus that I actually had a second fibroid growing on the outside of my uterus that we didn't even know about and the cells between my cervix and uterus were in the process of changing (most likely the beginning of cancer), so it was definitely a good choice on my part!! My family has been very supportive and helpful, and I have had no bad aftereffects. Hope this helps! Good luck!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.