HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Bilateral oophorectomy - no sex? Bilateral oophorectomy - no sex?

Unread 03-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Bilateral oophorectomy - no sex?

Do I need to take testosterone in order to be able to have a sex drive again, to have orgasms again? I feel my life has been stolen from me.

I am nothing.
Unread 03-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Re: Bilateral oophorectomy - no sex?

Not necessarily. If you are having issues, you should have your Testosterone and Free Testosterone levels checked to see if you are low. All the hormones work in harmony, if your estrogen is low, all the Testosterone in the world may not restore your sex drive.
Unread 03-10-2012, 02:49 PM

Dear Kim
I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post. I take HRT (estrogen only) and also vaginal estrogen. I really don´t know how much this loss of libido and orgasm is due to the fact that I am expecting my sex-life to be gone after bilateral oophorectomy. The first two months post op it was fine (well after healing was done that is), I had a sex drive and orgasms was ok. But now - nothing. What´s up with this? Did it take 3 months for my testosterone levels to get really low or what?
Unread 03-13-2012, 12:51 AM

I'm in the same boat. The first couple months were fine then the nightmare started. I we find some sort of answers soon. I certainly don't want this to continue the was it's going.
Unread 03-13-2012, 06:20 AM

I wonder if that is common - that everything is ok at first but then the sex drive goes after a couple of months?

It is interesting to know that sufficient estrogen levels are essential and that testosterone isn´t that magic pill I thought it was...
Unread 03-13-2012, 02:40 PM

I just had a TAH and BSO feb 23 2012. Since then I have no sex drive at all. My dr started me on Divigel a week ago but Im not seeing any improvement. Ive only been married for 4 years......I want my sex drive back. Im terrified that it will never come back.
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanna9706 View Post
I just had a TAH and BSO feb 23 2012. Since then I have no sex drive at all. My dr started me on Divigel a week ago but Im not seeing any improvement. Ive only been married for 4 years......I want my sex drive back. Im terrified that it will never come back.
You are still VERY early post op. I am assuming that you have not been cleared for sex yet. Give yourself some time to recover from surgery and to let things settle down hormonally.

Unread 03-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Bilateral oophorectomy - no sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThelmaLouise View Post
Dear Kim
I really appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post. I take HRT (estrogen only) and also vaginal estrogen. I really don´t know how much this loss of libido and orgasm is due to the fact that I am expecting my sex-life to be gone after bilateral oophorectomy. The first two months post op it was fine (well after healing was done that is), I had a sex drive and orgasms was ok. But now - nothing. What´s up with this? Did it take 3 months for my testosterone levels to get really low or what?
ThelmaLouise,this is just a thought, you mentioned you were expecting your sex life to be gone after your surgery? It could be you have convinced yourself. Womens sex drive and pleasure are based on so much more than just testosterone. That is why we are not men: ) Are there other emotional stresses in your life that could be interfering? Not to disregard the hormone issue but maybe look at your whole self, not just your ovaries.
Unread 03-15-2012, 12:07 AM

My husband and I tried sex again tonight. I couldn't feel a thing! I'm completely dead. I am giving up on it. As long as he's happy I will fake it.
Unread 03-15-2012, 01:03 PM

Do you have other symptoms of low estrogen?...low grade depression, dryness (skin, eyes, vaginal), lack of motivation, poor quality sleep, forgetfulness, anxiety? Any lingering hot flashes, night sweats, or just feeling warmer than you used to?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.