HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Sex 4 weeks after LAVH Sex 4 weeks after LAVH

Unread 03-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Sex 4 weeks after LAVH

I am 4 weeks post op from my LAVH. I will see my doctor on March 14th for my visit. I had sex on March 10th. I had some discomfort afterwards. I have an urgency to pee more and some pain in my upper pelvic area below my belly button. I know I shouldn't have gave in to my husband. I wish we could go back in time and change things! Did anyone else experience this? The discomfort is getting better as time goes on. I have no bleeding or discharge either. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!
Unread 03-12-2012, 08:31 AM
Re: Sex 4 weeks after LAVH

Were you cleared for sex? I would tell the doc. You put yourself at risk for tearing your cuff and or getting an infection if you resume sex to soon.. I would just tell your doc to be safe though..
Unread 03-12-2012, 08:50 AM

I'm not sure if it's from that or from working 3 days last week. I haven't been cleared by my doctor but have a feeling that I will be after my appt on Weds. I tried to tell my husband no but one thing lead to another. The intercourse didn't hurt at all. I didn't allow him to *** in me either. I feel better today but have a burning & drying sensation in my vagina. NOt sure if that is normal or not?
Unread 03-12-2012, 08:56 AM

Be sure to tell your doctor when you see him or her. Like gmac4_11 said, you put yourself at risk for infection even if he didn't ejaculate inside you. In the meantime, if you have increased pain or a foul discharge, get hold of your doctor asap or go to the ER. Until you are cleared, please don't let your hubby put his needs ahead of your need to heal.
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:11 AM

Hope everything goes well at the doc. We all make mistakes. Sometimes it is easier to give in to our hubbies/ families but really try to take care of you right now!! We so tend to put ourselves last. You're in my prayers!
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:31 AM

indy -I agree with the other ladies, call the dr. he/she's there for you to heal properly. I'm sure your not the 1st patient to have sex too soon. Then I'd have to have a long talk with hubby, only 1 chance to heal properly. Best wishes for no damage.
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:46 AM

I go to the doctor on Weds, so I will fess up what I did then. I'm not really happy with my doctor to begin with so it will be interesting to see what she says to me. My pain has improved today. I feel like I could be getting a yeast infection but I did end a high dose of antiobiotics last week (for my infected belly button). I can't put all the blame on my DH. I was excited to be close to him again too. But I will not allow anymore sex to happen until doc gives the okay and I still may wait.
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:04 AM

When I was released from the hospital my doctor looked at my husband, shook her finger at him and said "no sex for 6 weeks or you can be at risk for it being even longer than that" then smiled. He was mortified, but I wonder if she did it to freak him out or something.
Unread 03-12-2012, 12:28 PM

I wish someone would have done that my husband too! lol
Unread 06-29-2012, 12:07 AM

I am 3 weeks post- op LAVH. I did not have complete sex because I was scared. It drives me crazy to be discuss this, however, he only penetrated 1 inch or less. Now, I am worried. I miss him profusely and now I am afraid. I am not sure what to do next.
any advice would be truly appreciated.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.