HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Joint and body aches, numbness in hands and feet Joint and body aches, numbness in hands and feet

Unread 03-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Joint and body aches, numbness in hands and feet

I had a total hysterectomy(, June 29, 2011,
everything was fine, until about 6-months later, started having
major joint pain and numbness in hands,fingertips, and feet.
Also, have a little dizzyness, and brain fog. Blood work was fine,
except for calcium level, really low, i'm scheduled to see a neurologist later this month, I'm not able to take any hormone replacements, because of having breast cancer in 2006, i want to know if anyone else is having these problems without any hormones.
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Re: Joint and body aches, numbness in hands and feet

Had my hysterectomy on August 10, 2011 and started having stiffness mostly in my hands about 8 weeks later and still have it now. Occasionally I will have stiffness in other joints that is annoying but bearable. I also can't take HRT due to breast issues. Motrin helps the stiffness and achiness.
Unread 03-18-2012, 05:58 PM

Thanks, i will try motrin, i wake up in the morning stiff, and aching everywhere, mostly the numbness in hands and feet are really bothersome.
Unread 03-21-2012, 10:24 PM

Take a closer look at your thyroid. This all sounds very familiar, everything was fine with me for 6 months then WAM! Brain fog, fatigue and numerous other symptoms that I have had for 11 years now. Found out my thyroid is within normal limits but barely and that is on a small supplement . #1 thing is low body temp. Mine runs 96.0-97.4. For me the more estrogen the worse it gets.
Unread 03-28-2012, 06:31 PM

I have an appointment with my oncologist in April, hopefully he
will advise me on what i can take for hormone replacement, i don't think my body's doing to well without any ovaries, it seems to me every little thing i get hurts or is worse, than before i had
my ovaries removed, i can't take any hormone replacement
because i had breast cancer in 2006, i have a cold right now, and
it's really bad, and i feel horrible, joints hurt, my neck muscles hurt so bad from hard coughing, can't breathe,, i finally saw a
neurologist last week about my numbness in hands and fingers.
He said i had carpal tunnel, can you belive that! One thing after another, i don't know what i'm going to do about that. I think
i'm willing to take risk and take some hormones, my body needs them.
Unread 04-10-2012, 06:48 PM

You can get carpal tunnel to with thyroid. I know how you feel, its been one thing after another with me too for 11 years. My thyroid is normal but barely. I think I had a low thyroid before my hyst so after I had the surgery and supplemented with estrogen my body just freaked out. Now I am off of all estrogen and only on a little progesterone, but no improvements yet.
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:21 PM

Thanks, i hate to hear you have been going through this for 11 years! omg, i hope i get better. Do the bottom of your heels on your feet hurt? Mine hurt alot, especially if i do alot running, or basketball, ouch... And sometimes i get crash fatique, i get real sleepy!
Unread 04-10-2012, 07:26 PM

I have alot of pain on my heels of my feet. do you have this? One thing after another!! this is crazy.
Unread 04-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Joint and body aches, numbness in hands and feet

I dont have heal pain. I actually dont have alot of pain just major brainfog.

QUOTE=heartslove;3731998]I have alot of pain on my heels of my feet. do you have this? One thing after another!! this is crazy.[/quote]
Unread 04-11-2012, 10:04 AM

I too, have the pain in the feet, but it goes all the way up to the knees. My hips kill me some days! I know I have bad knees..so have always blamed my problems on them...but, maybe not?
I have found that the more i flex and move the muscles the better they get? I have started yoga twice a week, and while this is extremely hard, I'm keeping at it...hopefully the stretches will help.

I have a growth on my thyroid, but my blood work is always in the 'normal' range. I have recently gone off all HRT (no insurance) and am doing okay so far. I just have a power surge when I first wake up in the morning.

I do not take any supplements...for some reason, being lactose intolerant makes it harder to take them? I wouldn't mention it, but the P.A. I am working with says she has the same problem. They just make me ill. I just make sure my diet is as healthy as possible...to a point. LOL.

I will try the Aleve suggestion. I usually just take 3 Advil and call it good.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway