HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Cramps after hysterectomy Cramps after hysterectomy

Unread 04-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Cramps after hysterectomy

Hi ladies just wondering if anyone else out there has experienced the same cramping? I am almost three weeks post Da Vinci uterus and ovaries removed, had a pretty good recovery or thought so up until ten days out ended up with a horrific UTI never had one before worse than pain from surgery yuck so between not sleeping due to bladder and bloating and cramping not sure what the heck, I am however impatient as I am constantly on the go so I may be pushing it a bit or maybe its cuz I haven't had a BM everyday!!!any advice I would so greatly appreciate it....thank you ladies!
Unread 04-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Re: Cramps after hysterectomy

Hi Connie

I would talk to your doctor about your medical issues. It does sound like you may be pushing too hard, though. You need to give yourself time to heal. Remember, you only get one chance to heal right.

Healing hugs and thoughts...
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:16 PM

I too had ovaries and uterus removed but via abdominal. I had slight cramping the week of the surgery then it came back again week 3 with some slight bleeding. Doc told me its normal as things start to heal but if there is anything that gives you large concerns, call your doc. It didn't stop until week 4.5. Now I'm 5 weeks post op today. The past few days I've been dealing with a whole different kind of irritation. My entire swelly belly is sensitive (skin) to the touch. Like the nerve endings were raw or something. Finally today that sensation subsided some. I'm finding that each day is a new challenge. As some symptoms go away new ones appear. But overall I'm feeling well.oh, I've heard swelly belly can come and go for awhile... Yay! ;(

Good luck to you and your recovery!
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM

thank you for that had to giggle about the Swelly Belly do you think that ever goes away? this morning was the first morning I woke up after having a full four hours of sleep without getting up to go potty! but I am believing I did too much to bring on this cramping but eating irritates it more I found out...you are correct with each day something different lol!
Unread 04-02-2012, 08:33 PM

I do think you are correct about doing too much, I was feeling good this morning so thought I would clean some today oops not such a good idea feeling it now
Unread 04-02-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie195 View Post
thank you for that had to giggle about the Swelly Belly do you think that ever goes away? this morning was the first morning I woke up after having a full four hours of sleep without getting up to go potty! but I am believing I did too much to bring on this cramping but eating irritates it more I found out...you are correct with each day something different lol!
Goodness I hope so! I have enough of a belly without the swelling, I don't need anymore!!!! LOL from what I've read it's different with everyone. Some only a few weeks, some months. The symptom I feel when I've done too much is more sharpness in the cramping vs just mild nagging cramping. I also get a real heaviness feeling in my stomach. I went through different phases each week it seemed.... 1) cramping, slight bleeding and overall pain from surgery, slept all day, not at night 2) total soreness with every movement, "pain" was reduced, bleeding stopped, hurt to do anything so I just laid around and slept during day. Night time sleep was a little better 3) mild cramping & bleeding back, no more pain meds, got out of the house a little but it was limited 4) same as 3 but able to do light housekeeping. Stopped after each thing and rested. Slept all day and night at least 3 days out of the week, so tired 5) again slept most if the days away,fatigue is kicking my butt and also the tenderness to tough I explained earlier
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:03 PM

Poor thing but I do get the whole cramping thing almost like menstrual cramps and had to think wow didn't he take that yuckie stuff out lol! I did do too much today and paying for it tonight that is for sure, I am feeling much more alert as each day passes but not thrilled with the heaviness as you mentioned or the cramps can't wait til the six week mark comes and goes!!! thank you for venting our crazy female issues lol!
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie195 View Post
Poor thing but I do get the whole cramping thing almost like menstrual cramps and had to think wow didn't he take that yuckie stuff out lol! I did do too much today and paying for it tonight that is for sure, I am feeling much more alert as each day passes but not thrilled with the heaviness as you mentioned or the cramps can't wait til the six week mark comes and goes!!! thank you for venting our crazy female issues lol!
It's definitely great to have this site. Women who understand!!! Lol

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.