HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Essure procedure, ovarian cyst and free flowing uterine fluid? Essure procedure, ovarian cyst and free flowing uterine fluid?

Unread 04-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Essure procedure, ovarian cyst and free flowing uterine fluid?

I am new here, I honestly wasn't sure of where else to go. Firstly a little about my history. Sept. Of 2010 I had a placental abruption at 36 weeks and lost my little boy. I had severe hemoraging, I bled out half of my blood supply. I had 3 misacarrages within the 2 years prior (one requiring a D&C at 4 months. (I have been blessed with 3 beautiful healthy boys) So after losing my little boy we decided to have the new Essure procedure done in Nov. Of 2010. Everything was fine until last summer when I was rushed into emergency for a "panic attack" I was let go and readmitted a day later. I was there for a week with many tests that all came back negative. Diagnosed with stress and IBS. A year later here I am still looking for answers to my nausea, dizzyness, bloating, gas and diarrea. The doctor said he was going to send me for a CAT Scan to see if it was related to my gallbladder surgery or the Essure procedure (I never had the metal allergy test done). So the CT shows free flowing fluid in my uterus and a 3.5 cm cyst on my left ovary. (My right ovary was removed 9 years ago due to a 10 cm cyst. 2 surgeries. Dr. removed the cyst 6 months later cyst was back and just as big so he went back in for the ovary itself) I do have a history of breast cancer on my Mom's side. Anyone with any advice! I would greatly appreciate anything!
Unread 04-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Re: Essure procedure, ovarian cyst and free flowing uterine fluid?

I am so very sorry you have been dealing with so many health issues. I am also very very sorry about the loss of your Son and all the tragic miscarriages! I don't have any advice about what may be wrong with you, or what you should do to treat it. I would however suggest to you that if you already have 3 healthy children you should not attempt to get pregnant again. It seems it is a big risk for you both physically and emotionally. Best of luck to you and I hope you find the answers your looking for soon.
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:09 PM

Thank you for your condolences! We didn't want to go through anymore heartache that was why we had the Essure procedure, but now I fear that it is causing most of my health issues and what will more than likely turn into a hysterectomy. (The Essure procedure is when metal coils are inserted into your Fallopian tubes. They cause scar tissue to form blocking your eggs from entering your uterus)
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:47 AM

Is your doctor suggesting hysterectomy at this point?
Unread 04-30-2012, 08:57 AM

I have a appointment with my gyno Friday morning. My family Doctor is recommending it, but as he says he isn't the expert in such matters.

Does anyone have this problem or any information of what this could be? I got my CT results this past Friday and have been worrying all weekend!
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:14 AM

Thank you for the advise and your well wishes!
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:26 AM

ConstanceD,

Im sorry to hear about the loss of your son and the past miscarriages. I will tell you from my experience with Essure, Im glad Im taking my Drs recommendations.

I had Essure done July 2009 a few months after my DS was born, here I am almost 3 yrs exactly and needing a hysterectomy. I was having the same symptoms you are and i just blew them off because they were not an everyday thing. We realized that something wasnt right when I had a prolonged period and very bad cramping like contractions (3 1/2 weeks total)

I had gone to se my PCP and was given hormones and scheduled an ultrasound. Found out during the ultrasound what the problem was. 1 of the Essure coils is lodged in the Endometrium. My PCP recommended a partial but because of my past history with cysts and cervical cancer, they are removing everything. Im not saying its exactly like what Ive been thru and still going thru, because every person is different.

I pray that you can find answers and peace.
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Re: Cat scan shows ovarian cyst and free floating fluid

Oh my goodness, you have gone through so much! I guess my advice would be to seek a second opinion. I had to go through a few doctors before I found one who listened to my concerns and took me seriously. Once that happened, they found that I was right all along. I'm grateful to have found a doctor who listened and to be recovering now with the hope for no further symptoms. Wishing you well!
Unread 07-16-2014, 10:25 AM

Your story broke my heart. I am so very sorry for your loss. Also, very glad you survived for your other children. God Bless you and I hope they resolve your health issues.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.