HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Iam on Estratest and my breasts have gotten big anyone with same problem please help. Iam on Estratest and my breasts have gotten big anyone with same problem please help.

Unread 01-12-2002, 12:21 AM
Iam on Estratest and my breasts have gotten big anyone with same problem please help.

I have been on estratest for about 6 months now.I have gone from a 38c to 40 d cup. my breast are huge. Do you think it is the estratest?and if i get off the estratest will my breast go down? My breast have gotten bigger since I had my hyst. total abdominal. I was on the estrace 2mg and Dr changed me to estatest 2mg and last 2 months I have been on estratest hs.does the estratest cause this or do all the hormone pills do this? is anyone out there with the same problem if there is please let me know.I had my surgery 2 years ago and since then my breasts have gotten bigger I feel like Dolly. please help. Rosie
Unread 01-12-2002, 11:37 AM
Iam on Estratest and my breasts have gotten big anyone with same problem please help.

Rosie,
Breast swelling can be a sign of too much estrogen. Are you having any other symptoms? You will find a list of symptoms here toomuch
Unread 01-15-2002, 06:54 PM

Rosie, I had the same "side effect" you're having from Estradiol and Progesterone. I wouldn't exactly call it swelling, as there's no tenderness. I notice you didn't say that yours are tender either. Fortunately for me, I was grateful for what we call the new "girth." Doc said it was the estrogen. I probably wasn't much help, but at least it's a tidbit of information.
Unread 01-15-2002, 07:06 PM

Estogen does that to me also. Adding progesterone helped.
Unread 01-15-2002, 09:21 PM

Thanks everyone for replying to my post.I just started school on Monday and I have been pretty busy.I also have had a problem with memory since my hyst. seems like I cant remember little things some times.I have brain fog. thought I would be over it by now.Hope it gets better I ordered me some pills for my brain hope they help.anyone out there with this problem also? Rosie
Unread 01-16-2002, 08:50 AM

Hi Rosie,
I had hyst 2 yrs ago, too, and have been on Estradiol in some form most of that time...I also increased one bra size, and I agree with Janie, adding the compounded progesterone pills helped....they just seemed to "shrink" a little bit and were not as painful.
Three weeks ago I started Estratest; so far I have not noticed a change in breast size.
Hope this helps
<<KathyLynne
Unread 01-16-2002, 10:34 AM
Estratest

dear rosie,

I too have brain fog even though my surgery was almost a year ago. I just called the Dr. to switch from Cenestin to Estratest. I am experiencing hot flashes, brain fog, and weight gain. Yes, my breast size did increase slightly on Cenestin, I think that is a side effect of estrogen. I used to be sharp as a tack, now it takes me minutes to get something back into my head!!!! I'm hoping the Estratest will help. I guess life will never be the same as before, not bad, just not the same. Good luck!

Fran
Unread 02-09-2003, 06:35 PM
breast enlargement due to Estratest

Dear Rosie,

I too had the same problem. I switched to the patch but unfortunately my breast are still as large as before. I have been using Progesterone cream and it has help a little but not much. I went from a C cup to a DDD. I am so frustrated. I have cut my patches in quarters but it still is causing fluid retention. My breast haven't grown anymore, Thank God but I wish someone had an answer. I'm seriously thinking about breast reduction surgery. I'm just afraid that it won't help as long as I'm on estrogen replacement. I have tried going off estrogen but the fatigue and brain fog was too much so that is why I tried the quarter patch. My next step is 1/8 of a patch (Climara) to see if that will work. Good luck to you on your search for answers. I would really appreciate it if you let me know if you find anything that works. I'll do the same.

Linda
Unread 02-09-2003, 07:02 PM

Hi,

Breast enlargement is listed as a side effect of Estratest, FYI (on Medline). So you should probably check with your doc about this..

good luck
Unread 02-09-2003, 08:41 PM

I wonder if its the testosterone in Estratest. I thought mine were shrinking from the test gel but maybe I'm imaging that!! Joeanne

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.