HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Lifting too much? Lifting too much?

Unread 05-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Lifting too much?

My 9 yr old daughter jumped into my arms when I was 5 weeks. I got a horrible headache and now still get pain in the *lower* area and it has been 5 days. How do I know if I have ripped something inside? I go for my 6 week check up in two days. I am feeling nervous! I also had an infection and the surgeon gave me meds that was on my file that I was allergic to. On the prescription bottle it was a totally different long name; so it didn't ring a bell at all. I had a horrible rash on my body and my tongue got sores on it and was inflamed!! I went to my Dr. and she said it was an *oversite!* How do these Dr.s stick together? I was at home alone taking the meds; thank God I didn't have a serious reaction and die from it!! This has truly been a LONG haul! I can't wait to feel normal again...hopefully soon!! ~Feeling Scared~
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Re: Lifting too much?

Oh my goodness my heart sooooo goes out to you as your going through so much right now...i dont know much about tears on the inside and so not sure what symptoms are,,but i would think any kind of lasting pains is not good at the stage of your recovery,,,but i really think if your having lots of consistent pain, you should call your doc or call the emergency at hospital and share with them whats happening...It never hurts to make a phone call to medical professionals if you have any concerns at all...so please yes i would suggest you make a call to doc...and if it all turns out that your okay at least its better to make sure...my heart goes out to you..i pray all will be well, but truly please call a medical professional to make sure okay...
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:28 PM

Thanks! Sometimes it hurts so bad and others it is okay. I put a heating pad in between the legs and that seems to help some; along with the pain meds! =( I hadn't drove from Thurs until Monday and I was SO SORE!!! I didn't even have far to go! I am trying to be brave about it all and wait to see the surgeon. I do find that I get tired so quickly. When I go up the flight of stairs to the bedrooms it is like...phew! I am too young (47) to feel out of breath! I will go and check the Bible verses at the bottom of your e-mail. I think maybe God is telling me to still rest...I just feel so useless! It has been 6 weeks of misery!!! =)
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM

I am so glad that I FINALLY figured out how to post on here and get some support! lol~
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:37 PM

These Bible verses are ones that I have outlined in my Bible and the Prov 3:5&6 are ones I have underlined and penned! God is speaking to me!! Thank you for sharing these with me Angel_Peace!! God Bless!
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:45 PM

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding...In all things trust God...yes i believe you should call emergency dept at hospital to see what they say...remember lean not on your own thinking and sometimes toughing it out is not the best thing, especially considering you just had surgery, and when u take pain meds that will just cover how much pain your really in and where its coming from, sometimes we need to feel the pain if its something new and your not just taking pain meds like in the beginning of post op to help you rest,,this is different and your getting new pains which really should be looked into okay...do you have a fever, or bleeding??being tired and sore and having too much pain this maybe a msg for you to call a doc and not wait,,,i dont mean to scare you,,but really its better to call and seek medical advice and not wait it out...my prayer for you is that you listen to what that still small voice inside of you is saying, as thats the Holy Spirit of God giving you wisdom,,,,may you hear the word of the Lord and His Will be done for you...
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeling scared View Post
I am so glad that I FINALLY figured out how to post on here and get some support! lol~
How do I post a new thread?
Rest, i feel useless too but when I over do it and dont rest i pay for it for at least 2 days. we only get one chance to heal from this.
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:51 PM

Hi there,

I'm glad that you figured out how to post and ask for support too!! I remember it being a little tricky in the beginning too! My 75 pound Malamute mix jumped on my stomach about a week after surgery causing one of my incisions to slightly open and I remember how panicked I was...luckily, she didn't do any longterm damage! Being sore and tiring easily is totally normal so try not to worry too much about that part. It does get better with time!

Remember that you can always call your doctor if you're concerned...you certainly don't have to wait for your scheduled appt.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Unread 05-01-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evamn View Post
Rest, i feel useless too but when I over do it and dont rest i pay for it for at least 2 days. we only get one chance to heal from this.
to start a new topic,,click on Post-op then click on where it says; "visit the Post-op hysterectomy discussion area" and in there you can click on "new topic" and in there you can start new thread...hope this helps...Peace be with you
Unread 05-01-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evamn View Post
Hello...go to the purple Forums tab at the top right corner of the site then scroll down to the forum you'd like to post on. The Post-Op forum is a common one to ask a general question on, but there are many others to choose from. Once you click on the correct forum, there will be a tab on the top left hand corner that says, "New Topic". If you click on that you can post a thread.

Good luck!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.