HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Abdominal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

My recovery Process from the beginning to 6 weeks My recovery Process from the beginning to 6 weeks

Unread 05-12-2012, 01:53 PM
My recovery Process from the beginning to 6 weeks

Hello ladies on this thread.
1st week Surgery was diffcult with extreme gas pain and stayed 4days in hosp. 1st week home, still gas pains and diffcult bowel movements. Enema's were my friend. Bleeding from day one post op. Require only panty liners.

Second week still managed to get out for short very very slow walks. Even visited a couple basketball games for my daughter.

3rd week, having more problems with bowels but walking better. Extremely tired and oddly really dry skin and glossy eyes. More than tired. See surgeon 2-3 times re bowel issues/bleeding. States it is normal and they will recover.

Leave surgeon 3rd time only to arrive home and feel alot of abdominal pain. Start vomitting. Off to Emerg. Severe pain starts and does not quit. Blood work urine, stool samples taken. Go home with appt in Am for ultra sound.

That evening still in pain. Early am hours I'm awoken with alot extreme pain. I have severe diarrhea that last continually for about 3 hours. No kidding non stop with about 2-5 mins inbetween. Filling the bowl each and every time. Start to feel week and faintish.

Am rolls around go to emerg. Ultra sound done. I have a bowel infection. "infectious enteritis and pseudomembranous coloitis" 1 in 200 admitted to hospital contract. Funny enough the dry skin and glossy eyes are side effects to it. Mild to severe abdominal pain. I was unlucky and got the severe pain. Put on meds and they are working. 10 days later I'm feeling better, then a few days I'm suffering with diarrhea but without the pain. Vist doc, as long as no pain he says I'll be ok and few more weeks will clear it up.

6 Weeks Post Op 2 days. I am still bleeding. Oh I had a Hypoechoic blood fluid left inside.

With all that said, after the bowel infection meds took away pain I started walking better. Started some 3.5 K walks. I have recently walked 6 K now two times.

My tummy is still swollen and numb. My insicsion was a little dry last night. I went check and rubbed away some dry skin. Incision looks good and has not been an issue for me. Then I feel a little prick. I'm thinking it is a stich so I pull on it thinking it'll just come up. NOPE it didn't, I started to bleed a little. It is clear and much like fishing line. I guess it is an internal stitch but It does not want to come out. Seeing doc Wed so I am leaving it alone.

Overal reason for hyster were continual bleeding, ovulation pain and horrible mood swings, brain fog, loss of concentration, cognitive thinking, tiredness. The works.

From the very beginning post Op my emotions have been great with a few low days for sure. My mind is clearer and I feel more aware mentally than I have for the past year probally 2. I'm 42 and now on HRT. It appears to be the best thing I have done so far for myself minus the Infection.

Just days prior I tried for the "0" no insertion. I was scared and it worked. Very different, not as intense. I had an emotional meltdown at this point and questioned my being as a woman. But after some alone time to reflect I realize I am still a woman and I am going to better off. The emotions will come and go I'm sure but the surgery was the best thing for me to do.

Having my group of hyster sisters has been the best support anyone one of us could have. We have all been so supportive and understanding with one another. We are now starting to post happy events in our lives.

We are a unique group now bonded by our experiences. I love my sisters.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.