HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Lower right pelvic/groin pain Lower right pelvic/groin pain

Unread 05-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Lower right pelvic/groin pain

Hello ladies...

So, I am almost 3 weeks post-op, and I have this odd pain in my lower (very low) right pelvic area. So low, it is more like in my groin, slightly above my pubic bone. It comes and goes, but it is nagging, and it is sometimes sharp. I have had it constantly for about 6 days now. It isn't gas, it isn't the need to urinate nor the need to have a BM. In fact, other than this pain, I have been feeling REALLY good this last week!

Please help!

I don't see my surgeon for another 4 weeks!! I emailed him and he said it sounded like ovulation pain (I still have both ovaries). I would have believed that if it only lasted a day or 2, but 6???

Anyone else have this issue? I have had this pain for years. Same pain, same spot. Along with a ton of other cramping, non-stop bleeding, golf-ball sized clots, etc. I find out my pathology when I see my Dr. but I suspect it will confirm Adenomyosis...

THIS IS THE REASON I HAD THE SURGERY! TO STOP THE PAIN! WTH??!!

Sorry. It has been a long day and I am so frustrated right now!

Please help!
Unread 05-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Re: Lower right pelvic/groin pain

I had lower right pelvic groin pain and it turned out I had many adhesions, more than the doctor had ever seen. I still have some pain as I heal on days when I walk too far. My doctor said it is inflammation which is the body's way of healing.

I use ice and Tylenol, but you should ask your doctor to be sure what to do for your pain.

Good luck, sister.
You are not alone.
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:20 PM

If the pain/bleeding does no ease up I would call your doctor back and ask to see him.
Unread 06-03-2012, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbud View Post
I had lower right pelvic groin pain and it turned out I had many adhesions, more than the doctor had ever seen. I still have some pain as I heal on days when I walk too far. My doctor said it is inflammation which is the body's way of healing. .
This is so good to read! I'm 10 days post-op and have been taking it easy, plenty of rest and very short walks. I've had tenderness and pain in my lower right groin/pubic mound, but nothing too major. It's been a bit more sore the last few days and I noticed a small bruise starting to form. I figured it was all part of the process but I did have extensive adhesions around my bladder and cervix. I have my check up this week and will double check with my doc, but it's nice to know I'm not alone!
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:51 PM

i have also had this little stabbing pain in that area - thought I had somehow overstretched or something. Had the pains for a couple of days then they stopped, then back again ....

What are adhesions ?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.