HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

SEX - How long to Wait, after Hysterectomy, usually?? Oral vs. Intercourse?? SEX - How long to Wait, after Hysterectomy, usually?? Oral vs. Intercourse??

Unread 06-02-2012, 10:18 PM
SEX - How long to Wait, after Hysterectomy, usually?? Oral vs. Intercourse??

My Hysterectomy is NOT YET scheduled, but will be about mid-June (2012), I believe............

But my BURNING QUESTION is:

SEX -
How long do most Dr's usually have you WAIT to resume "normal sexual activity", such as Oral Sex, vs. Intercourse??

Just thinking ahead............ Sigh.........
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Re: SEX - How long to Wait, after Hysterectomy, usually?? Oral vs. Intercourse??

Different doctors have differnt wait times depending on several factors. You will read that some of the women on here have to wait 3 months. For others it is different. It may depend on the type of surgery you have and how well you recover. As for oral it depends on whether you are giving or getting. I am not sure but the mouth can be dirty so I doubt you can get any but you may be able to give some. Ask the doctor. Read this site over. There is sex/intimacy info on here too.
Unread 06-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Re: SEX - How long to Wait, after Hysterectomy, usually?? Oral vs. Intercourse??

I was told by my doctor, no sex for two months, which I'm calculating as 8 weeks. I'll definitely be looking at the sex/intamcy section too! good luck
Unread 06-03-2012, 03:26 AM

I was told no sex for 6 weeks, definitely no otal sex on the receiving end. That would allow to much bacteria into the open cavity
Unread 06-03-2012, 08:54 AM

this tuesday will be my two week post op check and even though i am healing just fine with no complications, i'm exhausted! LOL, just thinking about something as simple as giving oral sex makes me tired. no one has a crystal ball to see how their going to feel after surgery, so afteryour surgery, just take it day by day.
Unread 06-03-2012, 09:28 AM

I am having my Surgery tomorrow morning.
When I had my Pre-Op visit w/my Gyno...I asked her several questions regarding that subject.

I mentioned to her:

Previous to the surgery, I know climaxing makes ur Uterus contract, however, after the surgery...I'm unsure how the climax affects anything internally.

Beings there will be fresh procedures and very sensitive area's internally...will ANY type of climax hinder any of the procedure area's inside...even if there is NO penetration.

Her exact response to "me" was absolutely NO climaxing until the 6 wks were completed.

I don't know how anyone else chooses to handle this sensitive area of conversation, but I, personally am choosing to NOT participate in any type of sexual performance during the 6 wks, Post Op. I don't want to take any chances....as far as my hubs of 20 yrs in October...I bought him an item that he can furnish his own needs until we receive clearance from the Dr.

P.S. I plan to utilize this site for all of the wisdom that my former Hystersisters have been thru during all of your "own personal" experiences regarding this website's topics.

Thank you for allowing me and so many other's to participate in your knowledge.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.