HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Can Fibroids block the Vaginal Opening? Can Fibroids block the Vaginal Opening?

Unread 06-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Can Fibroids block the Vaginal Opening?

This is weird but when I looked with a mirror at the vagina it appeared as if there was something flesh colored blocking the opening. It looked round. Is that normal? Could the fibroids be protruding outward? Maybe that is why sex hurts. I am not really worrying too much because they are due to come out in 25 days.
Unread 06-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Re: Can Fibroids block the Vaginal Opening?

Yes, it's possible. Before my surgery I was scheduled for a colposcopy. It couldn't be done because part of one of the fibroids had passed through the cervix and was partially in the vaginal canal. I had a TAH, but to remove the fibroid the surgeon had to cut it in half and remove part of it through the abdomen and the other part vaginally.
Unread 06-03-2012, 07:22 PM

Thanks. Could you see it? I think that is what is happening. It looks weird and not like a tunnel.
Unread 06-03-2012, 07:25 PM

Actually, I never looked but when I took a shower I could feel it when I washed. Has this just happened? When they couldn't do the colposcopy they made an appointment for me with the surgeon. When he saw it he had my surgery scheduled as soon as possible (within days) because he said with the fibroid being so low in the vagina the risk of infection was very great.
Unread 06-03-2012, 07:33 PM

Yed I think so but I have not looked for many months and maybe years with a mirror. I did that because of a lump on the vulva/labia. I better call the doctor. Better safe then sorry. Thanks for the help.
Unread 06-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Fibroid is dropping into vagina is this an emergency?

I just checked because I could feel additional pressure and see something. It appears that the fibroid is or had dropped and near the opening to my vagina. Is this an emergency? It is really freaky and makes me want to puke. I hate this! Is it dangerous? I plan to call the doctor in the morning. My surgery is not until the 29th of June. Stupid question but what if my husnad tries or ask to have sex? Is that even safe? I hope you don't think I am an idiot.
Unread 06-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Re: Fibroid is dropping into vagina is this an emergency?

My first answer is about the sex: just say no! (my attempt at humor, i apologize if misplaced) My question is: Is it hurting you in any way? And no one here will ever think your an idiot. we learn by asking. If it wasme, and it wasnot hurting in any way, i'd wait to go to urgent care first thing in the morning. If it is hurting, i'd go to the emergency room at the hospital where my doctor was at. hope this helps, and hope everything is OK.
Unread 06-03-2012, 09:54 PM

As I mentioned earlier, this happened to me. I saw the surgeon on a Wednesday (first visit with him) and he wanted to operate the next day. I told him that was impossible, as I had to notify employer and tie up loose ends at home. We scheduled it for a few days later, but he said the risk of infection was great and to go to the emergency room if I had a fever. As far as sex goes, if that is a fibroid you don't want it to bleed. Having sex could also contribute to infection. Just say NO until you speak to your doctor.
Unread 06-03-2012, 11:27 PM

Thanks for the replies. It hurts a little more than usual. I feel more pressure than usual more then anything else. I feel like i Have to push the pee out and bowel movements are pretty difficult. I am waiting until tomorrow as it really is already tomorrow. It is 1:30 am. Thanks everyone.
Unread 06-04-2012, 06:29 AM

Call the doctor as soon as they open today and please let us know what happens!!I am so sorry ypu are going through such a scary thing right now! Surgery prep causes enough anxiety as it is without an emergency like yours showing up!! Best wishes!!
:cathugs:

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway