HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Stomach problems AFTER hysterectomy! Stomach problems AFTER hysterectomy!

Unread 06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Stomach problems AFTER hysterectomy!

Hey all.. I have had IBS my entire life, but not even ONE WEEK after my hyster (12-7-2010) I began having a LOT of stomach problems. It all started with an INTENSE heat that would rush from my upper abdomen all through the top half of my body (not like acid reflux, this head was even in my head). During this, I had the most intese cramping of my life followed by severe diarrhea. I literally thought I was dying. My 4 year old happen to walk in the bathroom, started SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER "PLEASE MOMMY DON'T DIE! DAD CALL THE AMBULANCE! MOMMY'S DYING!" I never told him I felt like I was dying and we had NEVER had the "death" conversation so I don't know how he came to that conclusion. I began going to a gastro dr practically every other week for tests. I've been MRI'd, CT scanned, poked, prodded, blood drawn, you name it I've had it done. I'm nauseaous constantly, still have problems with cramping. The cramping is so bad STILL that it knocks me to the floor. During these episodes, I get so fatigued that moving from the bed to the toilet and vice versa is a major task. (Keep in mind I have 2 hyper little boys). I don't understand what is wrong with my body. My gastro dr has no clue (and I have seen 5), my Gyno has no idea. I still have one ovary and one tube so I'm not on hormones, I have had my gallbladder taken out (this stopped the "fire" sensation but still have the severe cramping), and had 2 colonoscopies and endoscopies. The colo/endo showed that I had a colon polyp, gastritis, esophagitis, and acid reflux. But this still does not solve the cramping which is WAY WORSE than IBS in my opinion. It doesn't matter what I eat, I cramp all the time. I was told that the stress I am under is literally killing my body and I need to cut out my stress, but I just got accepted into the Nursing Program for this fall, so cutting out stress is NOT an option! lol! If you could please tell me I'm not crazy with all my symptoms it would mean more to me than you know! I keep getting looked at like a medical freak bc no one has been able to give me a clear diagnosis and I am NOT giving up until all of this stops, especially since it started the week after my hysterectomy. Thanks for the imput and for reading!
Unread 06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters!

Since your hysterectomy was a while ago, you might find helpful information in the links below for your post-op hysterectomy needs.

Find help with menopausal symptoms with or without hormone therapy in the Hormone Jungle.

If you have concerns about your bladder, Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues may be of help to you.

The HysterSIsters has a place to discuss and gather support for Sexual Dysfunction post-op hysterectomy.

For other long term complication support needs of a hysterectomy, check out the Road Less Traveled forum.

Hysteritaville Fitness forums have support and clubs to help you get back in shape, encourage you to exercise and eat right!

For more information about managing your journey around the site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ. Please [click here] and fill out your Member Survey. It is fast and easy and will help others to be able to provide support for your hysterectomy needs. (And you will get your first member badge!)

We hope you will find HysterSisters to be helpful to your post-op hysterectomy needs!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 06-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Re: Stomach problems AFTER hysterectomy!

Oh, and I had my hysterectomy when I was 24.. I am now 26
Unread 06-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Re: Stomach problems AFTER hysterectomy!

We're very glad you've joined and hope you'll benefit from the wealth of information and support here.

Princess Ruby has linked several areas above to get you started ~ please take your time exploring the site and settle in wherever best suits your needs.

When you have a moment, however, it would be very helpful (when replying to your concerns) if you could tell us a little more by completing your Member Survey. This includes only basic information such as why you had surgery, etc. You can do that by clicking on the last link in the reply above.

Sending all good wishes and positive thoughts!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.