HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Help! 2nd surgery to remove cervix after removing uterus and right ovary thru lsh Help! 2nd surgery to remove cervix after removing uterus and right ovary thru lsh

Unread 06-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Help! 2nd surgery to remove cervix after removing uterus and right ovary thru lsh

Okay..I had my first surgery Oct. 13, 2011. It was a vaginal assisted lsh(think I got that right). Starting about a month ago, I started noticing that sex was uncomfortable and was having to adjust positions(just like before the surgery) and then it started being painful great! Then one night, I started bleeding VERY lightly after sex and was still hurting the day after. I went to my doctor and she did an exam, only to say that it was scar tissue build up on my cervix. She is wanting to do a second surgery to remove my cervix. She gave me some painkillers and an anti inflammatory..which I took. I told her that I was still building my time up at work and couldn't take off..wanted to wait until Sept. she seemed happy with that.
She called me back in after I called to get a refill of meds...guessing I was getting addicted, I figured. Done another exam, asked me when to do surgery and after I told her AGAIN...she pretty much pushes for me to do it THIS month. She says that once she gets permission to use the machine..she would schedule. I was in complete shock...I asked her about recovery cause of my leave and she stated that it would be a week with it being robotically assisted. Also, she didnt have permission for the machine before? She's never done one? I am not sure. I healed very slowly after my first surgery...not sure I could go through it again. I just have a really BAD feeling about this. So I called to reschedule and get more meds...again..they asked me when and pretty much said that she wouldn't refill my meds until Sept. I asked if there was anything else I could take that would work without being addictive..they did but no one has the medication in my area so again...no meds. In pain during sex and the day after..enough for me to cringe when I sit down...gently, mind you.
Sorry so long but it is a long story...do I need to get a second opinion or what do I need to do? I hate feeling pushed into anything...I tend to baulk badly on that but my main concern is that I didn't have this feeling of dread with my first surgery...and I have a HUGE one with this surgery.
Please help!
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Re: Help! 2nd surgery to remove cervix after removing uterus and right ovary thru lsh

Oh so sorry you're having these issues. Follow your heart, it knows. I would seek a second opinion instead of being a notch on someone's surgical belt.
Unread 06-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Re: Help! 2nd surgery to remove cervix after removing uterus and right ovary thru lsh

Please get a second opinion. I would have many questions that need answering such as has she ever use the daVinci robot before? Is she using you for practice? How many of these has she done before? Why is she pushing so hard to have this done? Are there other concerns on why you should have this surgery so soon that she hasn't told you about? Please trust your gut on this one and go see another doctor for a second opinion.
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:24 PM

Thank, y'all so much thought I was just going a little crazy...maybe it just being so soon..too fresh. I usually heal faster than most but I didn't even heal like normal people on the first one. I think I will seek the second opinion..just hard to do since there are few docs in my area and she is in one of the largest clinics with very well known doctors that are very good. Not sure if I can seek it in that clinic...otherwise, there is really only one other old doc that is a man. Maybe go two to three hours away but that would eat up my leave too.
Unread 06-15-2012, 09:52 AM

Also, does anyone know what the recovery time is for a robotically assisted trachelectomy? My doc says a week...two at the most and that is if I heal right.
And will I have a vaginal cuff or what is the possibility of prolapsing?
Unread 06-15-2012, 06:12 PM

This article from our library might help answer some of your questions.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.