HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Stretching for Pelvic Floor Stretching for Pelvic Floor

Unread 06-18-2012, 07:42 PM
Thumbs up - Stretching for Pelvic Floor Stretching for Pelvic Floor

I had bladder and rectal surgery 10 months ago. Bladder seems OK... Rectocele is back so I started pelvic floor PT in March.

Still struggling with my tight pelvic floor... So much tension and t seemed the kegels made it worse! I found a new iPhone app for Stretching called DOWN THERE. It was created by a Biomechanic PT that focuses on stretching and posture as part of the healing process. If you google Aligned and Well Program you should be able to get the stretches there too... I think.

I have been using it for several days and have found so much relief. The tension is so much less that my BMs are much much easier.

Hope the improvement continues? Anyone else use this program?
Unread 06-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Re: Stretching for Pelvic Floor

Seriously, an app for Stretching Down There? What about one for tightening Down There. I feel like something is falling again and waiting to get into a GYN. Have you heard of a DVD called Hab It: Pelvic Floor by Tasha Mulligan? Tasha is a physio who also had pelvic floor issues and developed this exercise program to strengthen the pelvic floor - maybe there are also exercises to stretch it? Good luck.
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:33 PM

I have tried so many programs and been in Pelvic floor PT... But could not relax my glutes and other muscles so my kegel type treatments were making me worse. Now that's can relax my other muscles and release the tension I am able to have BM, urinate, and kegel properly. I finally am starting to see progress... After ten months of trying the same thing... Trying something new made a big difference!
Unread 06-19-2012, 09:35 PM

I'mback

I haven't used that app but did pelvic floor physical therapy with a therapist. I had muscles that would tense unconsciously and they never released fully. One part of the process was stretching to get the muscles to release.

Unread 06-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Stretching for Pelvic Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbe50 View Post
Seriously, an app for Stretching Down There? What about one for tightening Down There. I feel like something is falling again and waiting to get into a GYN. Have you heard of a DVD called Hab It: Pelvic Floor by Tasha Mulligan? Tasha is a physio who also had pelvic floor issues and developed this exercise program to strengthen the pelvic floor - maybe there are also exercises to stretch it? Good luck.
I have this DVD. I haven't been able to use it yet because my pelvic area is still irritated but I can't wait to see if it's effective.
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:36 PM

I am shocked at how quickly it made difference for me. Docs and PT kept TELLING me to relax but did not show me these stretches that lengthen the correct muscles... so I could strengthen the correct muscles. Crazy!

I just hope I keep improving! Fingers crossed!
Unread 06-19-2012, 10:57 PM

I'm so glad you finding relief with stretches. Maybe my problem is too tight in some areas and not tight enough in others. Please keep posting your results and ideas about any exercises that may help us return to a somewhat normal lifestyle. Thanks
Unread 06-19-2012, 11:16 PM

Was your PT Certified for pelvic floor physical therapy? Mine was and they showed me stretches, did massage and biofeedback.

There are some videos on pelvic floor exercises in the video section here (video menu is below the tabs in the upper right)

Glad you are finding relief.

Unread 06-19-2012, 11:17 PM

The ones I fid the most relief with is the double calf stretch and the legs onthe wall. I could barely do them at first... But I am making progress for sure!

Hope it helps!
Unread 06-20-2012, 01:09 PM

Hi I wonder if anyone could tell me about a tight pelvic floor. I have one and can't start any PT until I am further along in my recovery. My Pt seems to think that is what is causing my tight feeling in my rectal area and through my entire pelvic area. I am desperate........I can't stand this rectal pain. I had an enterocele and Burch done 6 weeks ago and can't start anything inside for 6 more weeks. Thank you in advance.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.