HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Still left side pain after fibroids and hysterectomy Still left side pain after fibroids and hysterectomy

Unread 06-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Still left side pain after fibroids and hysterectomy

I am almost 3 weeks post op. I had a large fibroid and 14 baby ones. I also had pelvic pain too. I did not have my ovaries removed as I asked my doc and as long as they were healthy they would stay. I feel the same pressure as I did pre op though it is not as bad but it is still there. Will this go away?
Unread 06-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Re: Still left side pain after fibroids and hysterectomy

The pressure might be your body telling you it is time to go horizontal, or that is the way it was with me. How much activity are you engaging in? It might also be inflammation and that will come down in time. If you are concerned, talk to your doctor.
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:12 PM

I called the doc and was told to not be seen until 6 weeks
Unread 06-30-2012, 11:34 PM

Then I guess it isn't something to be worried about. It is too bad that your doctor is not more responsive.
Unread 07-01-2012, 01:17 AM

I had my surgery June 8th, and also had left side pain. Week three surprised me because I was so tired. I decided to listen and get in the bed and mostly stay there. The paid in now about 20% of what it was. I have decided to listen to my body, and remember that everyone will heal a little different. Rest and give yourself more time. A week helped me a lot.

Good luck to you.....

Anna Lee
Unread 07-01-2012, 01:24 AM

I don't go back to work until I am almost shy of 6 weeks. I am doing nightly walks to keep my energy up. I work as a nurse and will need to be ready when I go back. I am just hoping the pain subsides as then the surgery will be worth it and not a waste.
Unread 07-01-2012, 01:48 AM

My huge mass that was removed was on my left side. I still have pain, well not really pain, it's more pressure, in the same place I had the pain before surgery. Any kind of movement aggravates the area. I'm sure the area will heal, but it needs more than 3 weeks to do so.

Walking may be good, but if it is aggravating your pain, then it's time to slow down.
Unread 07-01-2012, 08:33 PM

Thank you for your reply. This site is such a great support network. I only have one friend who has had a hysterectomy, and she did not have my complications. Occasionally she makes me feel as though I am a wimp of sorts. I thank heavens for this site. Angela
Unread 07-01-2012, 11:40 PM

My surgery was 6/6/2012. I had "everything" removed. Had three days last wk where i felt great. Only needed light nap(s). Today it caught up with me. Obviously did too much yard work (flower potting). Side hurt like it did 2nd week. Decided to.listen to body and took a long nap. Worked wonders. Now to remember to go easy and take it slow instead of jumping back into things full speed ahead. I think this is difficult for most women.. i too love this site. My hyster sisters are a great inspiration to me... thanks gals...

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.