HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

cauterization, abdominal pain and activity cauterization, abdominal pain and activity

Unread 07-14-2012, 07:47 AM
cauterization, abdominal pain and activity

I have a couple of questions for you gals. First one is about cauterization. I had my cervix and uterus removed via Da Vinci 6 week ago. I haven’t gone for my internal exam yet. I’m spotting pretty heavily but usually only when I have a bowel movement. I try not to strain but the spotting still occurs. I’m thinking that he may cauterize when he does the internal exam. If so, what can I expect? Will it hurt? (I’m a big baby:-)

Next one!! I have slight internal, abdominal pain to the right of my belly button if I walk too much shopping. It is sometimes tender to the touch. Is this normal? What could be happening up there?

Also, I’ve gotten so fat from not doing much over the past 6 weeks!! When do most women get to the point to where they can do cardio?

Thanks guys! I hope that you are ALL feeling better and getting along well after your surgery!!
Unread 07-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Re: cauterization, abdominal pain and activity

Hi Greenie70,
I had a 4 1/2 wk ck up due to increased bleeding yesterday. Doc said everything was healing nicely but he did have to use the silver nitrate. It did not hurt. I tensed up thinking it was going to but he was so gentle. He knew he did not want to go in and stitch me up further and he told me so AND THAT is one of the most important things for you to remember....your doctor will not hurt you but just tell he/she if it is uncomfortable. My bleeding reduced to brown watery stain when I wipe but nothing in the toliet and no more bright red or heavy dark cherry blood....heck! ...I dont' even have to wear a light day pad now. I do however have a pulling sensation to the right side of my belly button this morning and had a little bit of cramping as a result of the silver nitrate but more of an annoyance not actually pain and the pulling or little burning to the right of my belly button is a good and welcome reminder that my nerve endings are healing and coming back to life. Yippppppppieeee! Be well. I too, noticed more bleeding when I needed to have a bm. you sound like your are recovering normally ...but call your doc if you are worried or have ?s
Unread 07-14-2012, 11:42 AM

I just had my 6 week appointment and had to have silver nitrate treatment. The silver nitrate basically looks like a super long match (or Q Tip). It is held against the problem area for a few seconds. At the time it isn't painful, but it burns for hours afterwards (that was my experience anyhow!). I have to go back for another treatment in 2 weeks.
Unread 07-14-2012, 03:29 PM

i am bleeding heavy and then passed a large fleshy blood clot. doc said to keep in touch with him over the wkend and maybe he will need to put deeper stictches in. ;( i am not a happy camper right now. Yea. i had the burn and cramp after silver nitrate too. i would gladly welcome it again if it means i do not have to be put under again and have deeper stitches put in which is what my doctor is now suggesting if things do no calm down by the end of today. he did remind me this is normal. it is not period blood since the uterus and cervix are removed but it is part of the healing process. I do recall they did tell me 6 to 8 wks of healing and to expect bleeding throughout that time frame on and off.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.