HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

Notices

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

red in the face, short of breath and dizzy? red in the face, short of breath and dizzy?

Unread 01-22-2002, 02:06 PM
red in the face, short of breath and dizzy?

ok so what the heck is going on with me now? All day long I have been red in the face, dizzy and short of breath......sound familiar to anyone? Also very very tired feeling and cranky as hell, at first I thought right, hotflash but it's been there all day, everyone keeps asking me if I used too much blush or what?? Anyone else get this?
Unread 01-22-2002, 02:27 PM
sounds like...

...it could be hormonal? And were you told at one point that you have rosacia? (sp) I know when I used to get my period I would be all out of whack...dizzy, dry eyes, most certainly cranky as all get out, short of breath, etc...I attributed it to hormones gone crazy. Maybe that's what it is?
Unread 01-22-2002, 02:36 PM

thanks Sheila, but this is different then the rosacea thing I get in the morning....I look "really rosy" like I either have a sunburn or someone has embarassed the heck out of me, I'm hot too, and my head hurts
Unread 01-22-2002, 06:34 PM
Maybe you're getting the flu?

I hope not {{{{Gidge}}}} You have enough on your plate. I do get very red faced once in a while (few times a week). I know that I'm not 'flashing' cause I don't get the sweats etc. I just get all red and blotchy for no apparent reason....I also get it on my neck and sometimes my chest. It disappears as mysteriously as it arrives I think we need super slueth dr's to follow us around for a few days eh?

Sending you 'S
Unread 01-23-2002, 06:02 AM

Hey Gidge! I always have a red face when I get out of the shower for no apparent reason. I also get hives on my face, neck and upper chest just from getting angry, upset, nervous, you name it. If I get stressed at all, out they come! My GI doctor told me that hives of this sort are very common in patients that also suffer from Raynaud's Syndrome, etc. since they are all affect the nervous system in one way or another.

Aside from the hives, I am getting lots of headaches lately and my hair continues to fall out at a record pace. I am trying to accept the fact that I will always be in pain due to the adhesions issue, but I am going to ask my GYN to check my hormone level when I have my next check-up. These headaches are getting pretty old and I am going wig shopping if the hair continues to fall out.

It does sound as though you might be getting the old flu bug. I sure hope not! Take care of yourself.

Love & 's

Lisa
Unread 01-23-2002, 08:34 AM

thanks for your replies girls, but it wasn't the flu, it was some other weird thing cause it's gone this morning........it was like some bizarre sort of attack, red in face, head pounding, shortness of breath and KILLER joint pain again.....comes on about noon and is really bad by nighttime......morning it's gone

.......hopefully going to see my GP tonight if I can get in......I just don't know?
Unread 01-24-2002, 02:24 PM

Same with me. Redness, dizzy, headache and heart palps. I did it right in front of my doctor and he said it was hormonal and that is all he said. Go figure. I thought I was having a panic attack or something.

Lillyrose
Unread 01-25-2002, 09:37 AM

Hi everyone. I had the same thing happen to me on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. I went to my Dr. and my blood-pressure was sky high. He said I was hyperventilating?? Go Figure. I wans't short of breathe or anything. But boy did my face burn and look like I had a sunburn. I was dizzy and my arms and hands were tingling also. Crazy huh?? Maybe hormonal, maybe not. After 8 months you would think I would be straightened out by now!!!! I keep praying that it will happen soon.

Have a great day everyone.

Angie
Unread 01-25-2002, 10:01 AM

I can actually feel heat coming from my face, does that sound weird? I can just be talking and my dh will ask me if I am alright and he tells me that my face and neck are turning beet red. I seem to be doin it a lot lately and my BP is skyhigh also.

Lillyrose
Unread 01-25-2002, 10:03 AM

well I"ve since developed shingles so maybe it was some sort of weird precursor to that????? 's

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.