HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Grade 1 cystocele, 4 months post op Grade 1 cystocele, 4 months post op

Unread 07-29-2012, 01:55 AM
Grade 1 cystocele, 4 months post op

Hi everyone,

I have been having issues ever since my TVH and cystocele surgery in April. Went back to the doc on Tuesday and she said I had a cystocele AGAIN ahhhhhh!!!! Its at a grade 1. She said to continue PT and come back in 4-5 months to see how I'm going. If I still have symptoms, we will lock at mesh (which I'm not really sure about).

Went to my PT (but did not examine me as she wanted to talk about management) on Friday and she said that a grade 1 cystocele should be able to be managed with further PT and weight loss (I am about 30kg overweight).

I still have the "tampon in the wrong place" feeling

Has anyone else had a good outcome with PT and weight loss for these symptoms??

Hope you are all doing well.
Unread 07-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Re: Grade 1 cystocele, 4 months post op

(((HUGS))) Sorry you are going through this. I think that is one of my worst fears. I truly hope that PT will keep things in check. I know my Dr. mentioned keeping my weight down/loosing a few pounds to help keeps things in check. Good luck
Unread 07-30-2012, 04:01 AM

Thanks Laura30. I wish it wasn't happening but I can't deny that it is. I'm just so sick of being uncomfortable.
Unread 07-30-2012, 06:59 AM

Hi Isabella and Laura. Yep, me too, exactly the same, cystocele repair failure after a few months. Trying to manage it, wish it would go away lol clearly not going to, too soon after surgery to attempt a further repair. I had rectocele and sacrospinous fixation at the same time, they are good, its so frustrating! I wonder how many other women are living their lives in the same situation as us not knowing what to do about it, or being too embarassed to see gp, I should think its a high number. I should think its the pelvic examinations that are a major factor, yuck, something we have to do, part of the process. Keep well.
Unread 07-30-2012, 04:52 PM

Sorry to hear you are going through the same thing JulyLady. Are u thinking of having mesh with your next surgery? My doc said that would be the next step for me but I'm not sure
Unread 07-31-2012, 02:57 AM

Hi Ladies,
I am so so sorry you are all going though this. I hope and pray you will all be feeling better soon. Please keep in mind that no matter what the doctor's say, the number 1 thing is that this ailment is not your fault, and number two, if in the case like you JulyLady it failed after just a couple of month's, guess what: the surgeon is at fault. It sounds like the same case with you guys too Isabella and Laura. I am not a doctor or a lawyer just a victim who learned the hard way what was right and what was wrong in the field of "pelvic Floor Prolapse". I can do my best to answer any of your question's as my drama began about 5 years ago and trust me I have been there. I get so darn passionate about this subject and twisted doctors who make you feel bad about something you had no control over. Just like a patient does not have control over getting say Lupus or Arthritis. It is late hear so I look forward to talking to you soon. I hope I can at least clear some things up for you.
Sincerely,
Eileen
M
Unread 07-31-2012, 06:45 AM

Hello Girls. Yes, mesh was mentioned when a re-repair was discussed, and slings at the same time. I am well aware of the problems with mesh, feel undecided, my urogyn said her success rates with mesh are 92%, any erosion, is usually dealt with in clinic. 92% is good, 100% would be better, scared of being in the 8%. This is a real dilemma.
Unread 07-31-2012, 03:42 PM

Hi Girls,
I am so glad you are feeling confident with your urologist. I would say 100% is an excellent statistic as well but unachievable by any surgeon performing this operation. My body told me I was in the 8 percent after the first mesh erosion 6 months after the initial surgery and I just did not know enough to listen. Besides what did I know, I had a "Doctor" telling what was right for me. After my having a re-repair and a new repair every 6 months (as well as getting the sling) for a couple of years I started to listen. I will spare you the details of the havoc this has caused on my body for the last 4.5 years. I am not a professional medical person, but I have lived this nightmare to the fullest. If I can prevent anyone from going through this trauma I will try.

Any surgeon who comes near you with a piece of mesh, run the other way. A qualified surgeon will be able to repair any prolapse/hernia and urinary problems you are having using your own tissue. If they say you are more complicated than just using your own tissue, what they are really saying is your case may require a little more education on their part, they are not willing to be trained on it. It is easier for them just to stick the mesh in your body and deal with the ramifications when the get to treat you over and over and over.

The mesh and sling material are a foreign material for your body. Because of that your body will never stop rejecting it. I have finally found a great doctor if anyone is interested. I hope I have given you some insight into the future of what most probably will happen if you go forward with the mesh. I pray you are all finding the answers you need to make your decisions but never ever underestimate your inner voice....
Unread 07-31-2012, 03:59 PM

I had an A cellular graft not mesh for my repair and it is finally healing.
I had my surgery April 2, and it did not heal until I used estrace cream vaginally. I am wondering if that might help isabellmason, as a grade one is not usually that bad. Good luck to us all, and God help us all too.
I had cyctocele and hysterectomy and a urethral sling surgery and my surgeon elected to do nothing about my rectocele and now it is bulging, to a 2. I am thinking about not getting it treated if I heal up and get completely out of pain, and since the cream, it is a LOT better.
Unread 07-31-2012, 04:04 PM

That is awesome that the cream is working for you. I would definitely keep using it and see what happens before I would have surgery with such positive results. Good luck with your healing, it sounds like everything is going really well. I wish everyone who posted under this topic could have the same results. It breaks my heart to hear the suffering that is just not necessary.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.