Week 3 post op, pain worse then week 2?? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Week 3 post op, pain worse then week 2?? Week 3 post op, pain worse then week 2??

Unread 08-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Week 3 post op, pain worse then week 2??

I am 3 weeks post op today. I feel like my swollen tummy hurts worse now then it did last week. I am still doing nothing more then walking around the block....but every night my tummy gets hard and the pain is a horrible burning sensation every time I move. (lower right side) It is even tender to touch. I have an appointment with my doctor on friday....just wondering if this pain is normal? I also get a "pulling" type sensation lower....

I guess like most of us, I had hoped to b feeling a lot better by week 3....not doing anything or being able to wear normal clothes is getting to me....my incision goes from belly button to pubic bone and I still can not even wear loose elastic that touches it....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Re: Week 3 post op, pain worse then week 2??

It is completely normal for you to feel frustrated...try not to though. It is VERY common for week 3 and 4 post op to feel worse than week 1 and 2. You may also find that you feel like you take one step forward and then two steps back. You are not alone.

I'm glad that you have an appointment on Friday. While I am confident that your pain is normal and just part of the healing process, it is always best to talk to your if you are concerned about anything. Pain at 3 weeks is common, especially some burning and pulling type pains (at least that was my experience).

Hopefully it is nothing to worry about and you can get some peace of mind. In the meantime, please take it super easy and don't forget to

Unread 08-07-2012, 12:58 PM

That's what I experienced too. Week 3 was far worse....hang in there, it does get better!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2012, 01:09 PM

LOL.....I just had my very first good cry since surgery. I reached for the remote and not only got a burning pain that brought tears to my eyes, but I dropped the remote behind the couch!!! I guess I am stuck watching the game show network until help arrives!
Unread 08-07-2012, 03:10 PM

i too feel worse week three then weeks one and two..... lol i thought it was suposed to get better!!!!
it seems that everytime something stops hurting two new pains start up!!
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:10 PM

Very, very normal!

And then as the weeks go by, some other random pains will turn up, and you'll be even more concerned because it will be several weeks and you'll think you should be better!

But this really is normal too, often enough, though if you have a persistent pain that worries you, never hesitate to go to the doc.
It was many months before I was entirely pain-free 24/7, but I got a ton of reassurance from trawling around on this forum and realised that it DOES take months to heal from a TAH/BSO.

Nerves twinge and twang for some time as they heal and the tissues repair themselves.
I guarantee you'll find someone here at any time that will be able to say they have experienced what you are feeling!
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:24 PM

Tomorrow will be my 3 weeks and out of nowhere this evening I feel terrible ... achy and feverish, but I took my temperature and it was normal.

I also feel a lot of random shocks all around inside my abdomin.
Unread 08-07-2012, 10:23 PM

Holy cow, I love this site! I'm almost half way through week 3 and am having pain, weird sensations, and big-time fatigue. I thought I was going crazy because I was so sure things were supposed to be so much better. Plus, I didn't really have gas weeks one or two, but this week, it's awful. So relieved to know I'm not alone.
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:19 AM

You are not alone ladies and it does get better. We think only the cuts into our skin and stitches have to heal, but there was so much more done to us. Organs moved, muscles moved or cut, nerves cut that must heal. All those twinges and aches are our bodies way of curing the trauma that it has experienced with this surgery. Hence the fatigue also as there is a tremendous amount of work going on in there. So be patient with yourself and allow your body to do its thing. Your future down the road recovered self will thank you AND reward you!!
Unread 08-08-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredamI View Post
I am 3 weeks post op today. I feel like my swollen tummy hurts worse now then it did last week. I am still doing nothing more then walking around the block....but every night my tummy gets hard and the pain is a horrible burning sensation every time I move. (lower right side) It is even tender to touch. I have an appointment with my doctor on friday....just wondering if this pain is normal? I also get a "pulling" type sensation lower....

I guess like most of us, I had hoped to b feeling a lot better by week 3....not doing anything or being able to wear normal clothes is getting to me....my incision goes from belly button to pubic bone and I still can not even wear loose elastic that touches it....

I too am experiencing unexpected pain in week 3. burning and pulling. very sensitive to touch. One corner of the incision I am watching closely as it is quite painful.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register