HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Colon Pain and Spasms after  Hyst. Colon Pain and Spasms after Hyst.

Unread 08-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Colon Pain and Spasms after Hyst.

I am new to this site. I had a partial lapriscopic Hysterectomy on July 22nd after having complications from my hydrotherapy ablation. I was on pain medicine for longer that I had planned. I started having intense BMs 4 days post op and the pain increased and soon I was in a fetal position, dry heaving and could not stand up straight. The BMs became watery and painful. I went to the doctor and C-Diff came back negative. A day later I was at the ER severly dehydrated and in a tremendous amount of pain. The pain shot only helped for about an hour. The ER doctor said that just because the test was negative did not mean I did not have C-diff. She said I had every symptom of C-diff and it seemed to be a severe case. The BMs have gotten better since I have been on Flagyl but my pain and nausea is not decreasing. I feel like my colon is having electric shots and I still am not able to be on my feet for a long period of time. Has anyone else had this problem? I just want to return to normal. Any help is welcome and greatly appreciated.
Unread 08-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Re: Colon Pain and Spasms after Partial Hyst.

I am sorry you are having all this pain and problems. I have not had this, but maybe someone will come along who does. You can always try doing a Search and see if others have had this. I hope you find relief and healing soon.

Sending and prayers your way.

Unread 08-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Re: Colon Pain and Spasms after Hyst.

Thank you so much! The pain is subsiding and the BMs have gotten better with the Flagyl. I am waiting on the nausea to subside. Hoping it is from the antibiotic. You were so sweet to respond. HUGS!!!!!!
Unread 08-15-2012, 01:47 AM

I have had digestive isdies, too. A few days after surgery (abdominal hyst), I had 'normal' BMs, but after that was severly constipated for 3 days. Nothing helped until Milk of Magnesia. Now, two weeks post-op, the diarrhea won't stop. Even Immodium doesn't help. I had a contrast CT today and am hoping that this will give the doctor an idea of what's happening, especially since I'm still experiencing severe pain in my left ovary.
Unread 08-15-2012, 06:59 AM

Mine did the same thing. I did not go and then I could not stop. Be careful. I was so dehydrated by the time i got to the ER. My BMs have lessened being on Flagyl for 5 days now but I am still exhausted. My pain was in the right side and that is where my Colon was inflamed. The pain finally decreased yesterday. I am going to see a GI next week and I hope I don't have to do another round of Flagyl. I hope you find out answers soon. It is no fun to not know what is going on. . Let me know How the scan turns out. Prayers your way.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.