HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Pain and bleeding during and after sex Pain and bleeding during and after sex

Unread 08-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Pain and bleeding during and after sex

I am 31 and had a full hysterectomy in January 2012 due to endometreosis . ever since the op my sex drive is gone but mainly cause i know it will hurt. every time i lightly bleed but the last time was dark and ran down my leg. it is always painful. the doctor said it is normal. i am calling him in the morning about the heavy bleeding. it only lasted a day but the discomfort is still there, more then normal. has anyone else had this problem?
Unread 08-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Re: Pain and bleeding during and after sex

went to er with lower back and pelvic pain and they said there is fliud in my pelvis. wish it was over. have to see doctor again in a week. still no answer for why i am bleeding though.
Unread 08-28-2012, 11:46 AM

I hope you get some answers! Pain and bleeding with intercourse this far out do not sound normal to me.
Unread 08-28-2012, 11:58 AM

If pain and bleeding during intercourse is clasified by your doctor as "normal", get yourself a new doctor

Very sorry ...
Unread 08-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Pain and bleeding during and after sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyO View Post
If pain and bleeding during intercourse is clasified by your doctor as "normal", get yourself a new doctor

Very sorry ...
Ditto. Hugs.
Unread 08-30-2012, 02:16 AM

I'm having the same issue. My doc said it was normal too but my surgery was on 7/12/12 I thought maybe I just wasn't healed enough? First time we tried I only spotted and it was darker, this time it dripped down my leg when I stood up and was bright red, the pain is awful, I don't know what to think or do but I'm like you feels like my sex drive is gone. Not that I don't want it but I know it's going to hurt and for a while so I don't want to do it
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:20 AM

I think you definitely need to see another doctor. That does not sound normal, not that far after your surgery.
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:28 AM

So sorry ladies ... I don't think there is anything I can say to make this better, so I'm not even going to try.

Sexual issues is my MAJOR fear now that I'm past the surgery. If I end up having any problems, my doctors will have me on their doorstep in a hartbeat and should they dare tell me "this is normal" ... well ... it won't be pretty!!!

I wish you get the answers (and resolution) that you seek ... and DESERVE. Hugs ...
Unread 08-30-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyO View Post

Very sorry ...
Definitely! Because after 8 months, there is absolutely no reason you should still have problems like that!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.