HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

why am I bleeding??? why am I bleeding???

Unread 09-18-2012, 09:41 AM
why am I bleeding???

I had a TLH on 9/4. yesterday & this morning I have started lightly bleeding. I didnt think this was normal. I have been feeling lousy because I think I am doing too much.
I have my 2 week post op appointment today just didn't know if you ladies had any answers!
Unread 09-18-2012, 10:14 AM
Re: why am I bleeding???

Hi Beeves....I too had TLH on 9/4 and started slight bleeding yesterday, more like staining. My doctors appt is not until 10/2. Please let me know what your Doc says. I think I was doing too much on Sunday. But I have to say...I feel really good and I guess I'm fooled by that and I start thinking I can do more then I should.
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:00 PM

doctr said I am doing too much! As long as it isn't alot of blood then he isnt worried.
I am out of work for 2 more weeks & then maybe I can go back to work part time for the remaining 2-4 weeks
Unread 09-18-2012, 05:58 PM

My surgery was on 9/4 too and did start bleeding yesterday but it stopped soon after so I did not ask my doctor. The only thing I can figure out it is that I was doing too much since I was feeling great so I am just cutting down on my cleaning and running around
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:19 PM

I started having blood tinged discharge this a.m. and had my first real outing yesterday. (Short trip to the grocery store.) I woke up this morning sore and with the discharge. I am working really hard at being a patient instead of the nurse I am by profession so I called the doctor's office. I sspoke with the NP and she said I was probably doing too much. SInce it was not copius fresh blood ( and she even said it could be stitches dissolving) and the pain was not worse than the initial surgery SHe said you did too much and told me to take it easy for a couple days and just to watch it. Gave me peace of mind!
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:30 PM

I had light bleeding for a couple of weeks and it finally went away. Then it returned around week 4 due to infection. I had stitches that had not dissolved (I had a bladder lift /repair and vaginal stitches) so the Dr. had to go in and remove them. The bleeding immediately stopped. Early on she said the light bleeding was normal as is the discharge of course. But if you're bleeding returns, you have pain or odor with discharge you probably have developed an infection. Remember no lifting, sweeping, mopping, sex, etc until your released at 6 weeks (or whenever your Dr. okays you!)
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:44 PM

I had a TLH two weeks ago today and have felt very good the entire two weeks. However, today I was standing in the grocery store (after working at my office job all day) and felt a "gush." When I got home, I discovered most of my panty liner was saturated with bright red blood and when I went to the bathroom a rather large blood clot passed. I called my surgeon and I have an appointment to have a quick check tomorrow. Anyone experience this?
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:03 PM

ks207: I had a similar experience.

I got checked out by the doctor and he said it was OK. It took me a lot longer to calm down than it did to stop bleeding. I'm really glad I did get it checked out, because it could have been something serious. I guess there's no way of knowing until the doctor checks you out.

My doctor did a brief internal exam. It wasn't fun, but it didn't hurt as much as I feared it would.
Unread 09-25-2012, 11:14 AM

I also got checked out and they didn't seem to know why it happened but everything looked fine and is healing OK and is hasn't happened again so all is well.
Unread 09-27-2012, 12:42 AM

Spoke to the doctor. She said if the blood is bright to call. Well Friday it started looking a little bright!...stood off my feet and it stopped. I'm fine as long as I stay off my feet ugh! I feel really good so its hard to do! My Doc appt is Wed..it will be interesting to see whats going on. Someone told me that it might have to be corderized ...is that true?? Because that scares the hell out of me! (I had the TLH)

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.