HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

mood swings, crying, sad, don't feel like doing anything, indecisive mood swings, crying, sad, don't feel like doing anything, indecisive

Unread 09-22-2012, 05:44 AM
mood swings, crying, sad, don't feel like doing anything, indecisive

I'm 5 weeks post-op and having such awful mood swings, crying, sad, don't feel like doing anything, indecisive.... what gives? I have my ovaries, although scarred and cystic. How long does this last? My 6 week app is next week, I keep holding off calling my doctor because I will see him so soon. I have looked on the forums for info but can't seem to find anything that screams Ive been there too. Ugh.
Unread 09-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Re: mood swings, crying, sad, don't feel like doing anything, indecisive

You poor thing, sounds like they need to check your hormone levels ASAP. You don't need to feel like that. I had a problem for a few days similar, but it went away. Did you read the posts on here about "sleepy ovaries?" My md said there is a main blood supply and also a blood supply to the ovaries from the uturus, and sometime it takes a little while for the ovaries to "wake up." Gosh, there is sure nothing wrong with taking hormones if you need to though. I sure will put out positive thoughts that things will be back to normal soon for you.
Unread 09-22-2012, 11:05 AM

I'm not sure but it does sound a lot like the sleeping ovary stories I've read on here. I hope they wake up soon and you get relief ASAP. Hugs.
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:03 PM

Sounds very much like your ovaries are still in "shock". For every woman it is different. Mine did not come back online until I was about 9 wks po. Perhaps your dr can help with a temporary hrt but a lot of them don't like to do that. They'd rather wait to see what your body will do. in there sister, this too shall pass.
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:09 PM
mood swings, crying, sad, don't feel like doing anything, indecisive

I am new to this site. All of these symptoms sound like me! I am very overwhelmed right now and not sure what to do! I am a total mess and hate crying all the time in front of my kids. Please please give me some advice....
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:29 PM

abailes13!! So glad to have you sister!!

to you sister as Yes!!, this recovery journey is very emotional and confusing. I am almost 6 mos po and I'm still navigating this myself. But, it does get better!!

While you here you may want to check out the recovery thread for your surgery week located here - Recovery week Sept 17-23. It was invaluable to me to post with my same week sisters as it let me know that I was not alone in my recovery and I got to hear everyone's story right along with mine. It settled my mind and kept me from calling my doctor. to you sister!!
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theladylowe View Post
I'm 5 weeks post-op and having such awful mood swings, crying, sad, don't feel like doing anything, indecisive.... what gives? I have my ovaries, although scarred and cystic. How long does this last? My 6 week app is next week, I keep holding off calling my doctor because I will see him so soon. I have looked on the forums for info but can't seem to find anything that screams Ive been there too. Ugh.
I've been a mess today and truthfully, I feel a bit borderline psychotic because my personality is NOT like this. I go from a high to a low at the flick of a switch for no reason. I too have my ovaries and I knew that they could go to "sleep" for a while, but I wasn't expecting all this.
Unread 09-22-2012, 02:56 PM

I'm just over seven weeks post-op and I'm having some down times, too. Don't know if it has anything to do with my surgery, or if it's just not getting as much sunlight now that I'm back at work, or...what. I know it's bothering me that I want to be out doing more things, hanging out with friends or just...something, especially with other people. But all my energy now is going towards working every day, and there's nothing left when I come home. I'm hoping that will improve. When I look back over the last couple of weeks since I started working, I have seen improvement in my energy levels. It just takes time.
Unread 09-22-2012, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Your not alone, I am happy, sad, silly, mad.
keeplookingup
Unread 09-22-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
You are so not alone I had my TAH and kept my ovaries on Aug 27th and about 2 weeks ago for no reason I started crying and did not stop for almost 3 days. I finally called my doctor and he got me in that day. He said he did not like to give hormones, but after a very long discussion he did put me on an anti depressant. I am starting to feel so much better, not sure how long i will need them, but I am glad that he talked me into it. I still have bad moments, but they are becoming less and less. Hang in there and let your doctor know, he did state that we could also try an estrogen shot to try and wake up the ovaries, but because I have PCOS I did not want that and he agreed. Dont suffer longer than you have to this recovery is hard and emotional enough without having to deal with this too

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.