HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > The Polling and Petition Place

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

View Poll Results: Discharge present?
No discharge. Completely dry underwear 12 35.29%
Minor discharge, a spot or two but still no light days required 9 26.47%
moderate discharge light day required 11 32.35%
major discharge, more than one light day/per day required 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

How many still have discharge after total hysterectomy? How many still have discharge after total hysterectomy?

Unread 01-30-2002, 10:17 AM
How many still have discharge after total hysterectomy?

To those that had a total hysterectomy (uterus and cervix) how many of you still have a discharge? I'm wondering if the light days pads will be a thing of the past or if I have to wear them for the rest of my life. Before my hysterectomy I went through about three light days per day and was hoping once the cervix was out I wouldn't have any. It's only a little bit but is still a nuisance. Is it possible to have completely dry underwear? By the way I was treated for granulation up to 12 weeks, took antibiotics for vaginal infection and finished them a couple days ago, and am still waiting for the discharge to end at 14 weeks post op. I figured since I don't have a cervix there anymore the discharge and pads would be a thing of the past unless of course there was still infection going on.
Unread 01-31-2002, 09:30 AM

CM3, I voted "Moderate Discharge", however, in my case, the discharge was "only" for almost 12 weeks. After that, dry panties.

Have you talked to your doctor about the continuing discharge? There might be relief available.
Unread 02-01-2002, 01:15 PM

Thanks Dany,
I also posted this in the post-op section and recieved quite a few replies which in turn lead me to call dr. Thankyou.
http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=49852

I just got back from dr. Turns out there is still some granulation in one spot to which he applied more silver nitrate to and told me to use vinegar water a couple times a week or as often as I want. I can still have sex as I was wondering about that since I was on forced abstinence for three months after surgery. He said if it's not completely better in a month he may have to "freeze" the area so the tenderness and discharge go away. Has anyone ever heard of this? Dr. also re-cultered the area to make sure there is no bacterial infection still present. So there is hope for future dryness. I understand after reading some posts on the Road Less Traveled that some women who have discharge can still have granulation up to several months or years after a hysterectomy so if you have any discharge or bleeding it's best to check with your dr.
Unread 02-01-2002, 06:25 PM

(((CM3))) You sure are travelling a long road to recovery

Thanks for the update and for the words of wisdom.

Sending healing s your way.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.